Kensal Rise filmmaker sexually assaulted woman, court hears
- Credit: CENTRAL NEWS
A filmmaker from Kensal Green is standing trial accused of molesting the woman after she ‘passed out’ in his bed.
Yonathan Gal, 30, of Clifford Gardens, is also said to have used his smartphone to take photos of his alleged victim during the incident on March 22, 2015.
The woman, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, claims she fell asleep at Gal’s house after the pair met up for a meal and drinks in Soho.
Prosecutor Usha Shergill told jurors at Isleworth Crown Court the alleged victim claimed she realised she was being assaulted in her semi-conscious state.
“She then became aware of a camera flashing and a shutter sound,” added the prosecutor.
You may also want to watch:
Jurors heard she did not wake fully until the morning and only became aware of what had allegedly taken place until after work before friends convinced her to report the incident to police on March 25.
Gal was later arrested and photos thought to be of the victim were found on his phone.
- 1 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 2 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 5 QPR eager to start climbing the table when they face Derby
- 6 Warburton praises QPR character in win at Cardiff
- 7 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai
- 8 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 9 Woman killed after collision with alleged drunk driver in Kenton
- 10 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
“There were pictures of a female in a yellow top, black leggings and knickers,” said Ms Shergill.
“These were shown to the complainant and she identified herself and said these were what she was wearing.
“She remembers being photographed and quite clearly being sexually assaulted.”
The Anguilla-born director was behind Dreadtown – The Steel Pulse Story about Birmingham-based reggae group Steel Pulse – but a crowd-funding campaign was launched last year in a bid to complete the documentary.
Snoop Dogg (aka Snoop Lion), Red Hot Chilli Peppers’ drummer Chad Smith, No Doubt singer Gwen Stefani and Bob Marley’s widow Rita were thought to be among those set to feature in the film, which is narrated by Lethal Weapon star Danny Glover.
Gal denies two counts of sexual assault and one count of voyeurism.
The trial continues.