Kensal Green robber jailed for targeting Harlesden hair shop
Shawn Nelson threatened customers and staff in Zeba Hair and Beauty with a knife
A Kensal Green man who carried out a violent armed robbery on customers and staff in a hair shop has been jailed for five years.
Shawn Duane Nelson stormed into Zeba Hair and Beauty in High Road, Harlesden, where he threatened everyone with a knife while demanded money and jewellery.
Nelson, who covered his face with a scarf, forced one female customer to hand over her rings to him during the robbery which took place on November 17 last year.
During the robbery his scarf was pulled down, revealing his face, and was traced after a carrier bag he dropped in the shop had his finger print on it.
Last week at Harrow Crown Court he admitted three counts of robbery on the first day of his trial.
PC Tom Lynch from Brent Police said: “I am very pleased with this result. “Nelson is a violent male who committed a terrifying robbery on law abiding people going about their every day business.
- 1 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 2 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 3 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 4 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 5 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 6 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 7 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 8 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 9 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
“Praise should be given to the brave staff and customers who were able to defend themselves and pull down the scarf Nelson was wearing to see his face.”
“This sentence sends a clear message to others that the police and courts will take a robust approach against those who seek to place our communities in fear.”