Kensal Green robber jailed for targeting Harlesden hair shop
Shawn Nelson threatened customers and staff in Zeba Hair and Beauty with a knife
A Kensal Green man who carried out a violent armed robbery on customers and staff in a hair shop has been jailed for five years.
Shawn Duane Nelson stormed into Zeba Hair and Beauty in High Road, Harlesden, where he threatened everyone with a knife while demanded money and jewellery.
Nelson, who covered his face with a scarf, forced one female customer to hand over her rings to him during the robbery which took place on November 17 last year.
During the robbery his scarf was pulled down, revealing his face, and was traced after a carrier bag he dropped in the shop had his finger print on it.
You may also want to watch:
Last week at Harrow Crown Court he admitted three counts of robbery on the first day of his trial.
PC Tom Lynch from Brent Police said: “I am very pleased with this result. “Nelson is a violent male who committed a terrifying robbery on law abiding people going about their every day business.
- 1 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 4 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre
- 5 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 6 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 7 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 8 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 9 Health chief praises staff 'flying' across Brent and Camden to vaccinate housebound residents
- 10 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
“Praise should be given to the brave staff and customers who were able to defend themselves and pull down the scarf Nelson was wearing to see his face.”
“This sentence sends a clear message to others that the police and courts will take a robust approach against those who seek to place our communities in fear.”