Kensal Green robber jailed for targeting Harlesden hair shop
Shawn Nelson threatened customers and staff in Zeba Hair and Beauty with a knife
A Kensal Green man who carried out a violent armed robbery on customers and staff in a hair shop has been jailed for five years.
Shawn Duane Nelson stormed into Zeba Hair and Beauty in High Road, Harlesden, where he threatened everyone with a knife while demanded money and jewellery.
Nelson, who covered his face with a scarf, forced one female customer to hand over her rings to him during the robbery which took place on November 17 last year.
During the robbery his scarf was pulled down, revealing his face, and was traced after a carrier bag he dropped in the shop had his finger print on it.
You may also want to watch:
Last week at Harrow Crown Court he admitted three counts of robbery on the first day of his trial.
PC Tom Lynch from Brent Police said: “I am very pleased with this result. “Nelson is a violent male who committed a terrifying robbery on law abiding people going about their every day business.
- 1 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 2 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 3 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 4 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 5 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 6 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 7 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 8 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 9 We didn't stand up insists QPR boss Warburton in Rotherham defeat
- 10 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
“Praise should be given to the brave staff and customers who were able to defend themselves and pull down the scarf Nelson was wearing to see his face.”
“This sentence sends a clear message to others that the police and courts will take a robust approach against those who seek to place our communities in fear.”