Kensal Green robber jailed for targeting Harlesden hair shop
Shawn Nelson threatened customers and staff in Zeba Hair and Beauty with a knife
A Kensal Green man who carried out a violent armed robbery on customers and staff in a hair shop has been jailed for five years.
Shawn Duane Nelson stormed into Zeba Hair and Beauty in High Road, Harlesden, where he threatened everyone with a knife while demanded money and jewellery.
Nelson, who covered his face with a scarf, forced one female customer to hand over her rings to him during the robbery which took place on November 17 last year.
During the robbery his scarf was pulled down, revealing his face, and was traced after a carrier bag he dropped in the shop had his finger print on it.
You may also want to watch:
Last week at Harrow Crown Court he admitted three counts of robbery on the first day of his trial.
PC Tom Lynch from Brent Police said: “I am very pleased with this result. “Nelson is a violent male who committed a terrifying robbery on law abiding people going about their every day business.
- 1 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 2 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 3 Kilburn grandmother hears 'terrific bang' as bathroom ceiling collapses
- 4 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 5 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 6 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 7 QPR boss pleased with Man United win and now looking to tie down Odubajo
- 8 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 9 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 10 Wembley Football League supported by Raheem Sterling sees drama on finals day
“Praise should be given to the brave staff and customers who were able to defend themselves and pull down the scarf Nelson was wearing to see his face.”
“This sentence sends a clear message to others that the police and courts will take a robust approach against those who seek to place our communities in fear.”