Kensal Green pair jailed for smash and grab robbery
Jake Maunders and Alex Rogers raided Ishtar Jewellery shop in Kilburn Lane
Two men have been jailed for a total of nine years for a smash and grab robbery on a jewellers.
Jake Maunders, 20 of Tollbridge Close, and Alex Rogers, 20 of Sutton Way, both of Kensal Green, raided Ishtar Jewellery shop in Kilburn Lane, Queen’s Park on June 17 last year.
Southwark Crown Court heard how the pair were part of a gang who used sledgehammers to smash their way into the store and made off with �25,000 worth of gold jewellery in a raid which lasted just two minutes.
The men fled the scene on motorbikes towards Harrow Road.
You may also want to watch:
Rogers and Maunders were arrested near by, but the rest of the gang were never caught and the property never found.
The terrifying robbery took place just a week after a similar raid where four people stole more than �100,000 worth of jewellery from Ishtar Jewellers.
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 3 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 4 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 5 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 8 Disabled Wembley cyclist calls for more inclusivity on Brent's roads
- 9 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 10 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
Detectives believed the same bikes and some of the same people were involved in both.
Jake Maunders was jailed for five years and twenty weeks and Alex Rogers was jailed for four years. Both pleaded guilty to the robbery last December.
Westminster police have convicted 52 people of smash and grab raids since March 2009.
Detective Constable Jamie Hunter of the Westminster Crime Squad, said: “Today’s result is another success in our ongoing operation to tackle smash and grabs, not just in the West End but across London.
“By getting these two men off the streets I am sure we have prevented a significant number of further smash and grabs from occurring in central London and, in the process, helped to reassure West End and London retailers that we take this problem very seriously and are continuing to reduce the number of incidents that occur.”
Anyone with information about either of the robberies should contact Westminster Crime Squad on 020 7321 8686 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.