Kensal Green pair jailed for smash and grab robbery
Jake Maunders and Alex Rogers raided Ishtar Jewellery shop in Kilburn Lane
Two men have been jailed for a total of nine years for a smash and grab robbery on a jewellers.
Jake Maunders, 20 of Tollbridge Close, and Alex Rogers, 20 of Sutton Way, both of Kensal Green, raided Ishtar Jewellery shop in Kilburn Lane, Queen’s Park on June 17 last year.
Southwark Crown Court heard how the pair were part of a gang who used sledgehammers to smash their way into the store and made off with �25,000 worth of gold jewellery in a raid which lasted just two minutes.
The men fled the scene on motorbikes towards Harrow Road.
You may also want to watch:
Rogers and Maunders were arrested near by, but the rest of the gang were never caught and the property never found.
The terrifying robbery took place just a week after a similar raid where four people stole more than �100,000 worth of jewellery from Ishtar Jewellers.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 4 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 7 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods
Detectives believed the same bikes and some of the same people were involved in both.
Jake Maunders was jailed for five years and twenty weeks and Alex Rogers was jailed for four years. Both pleaded guilty to the robbery last December.
Westminster police have convicted 52 people of smash and grab raids since March 2009.
Detective Constable Jamie Hunter of the Westminster Crime Squad, said: “Today’s result is another success in our ongoing operation to tackle smash and grabs, not just in the West End but across London.
“By getting these two men off the streets I am sure we have prevented a significant number of further smash and grabs from occurring in central London and, in the process, helped to reassure West End and London retailers that we take this problem very seriously and are continuing to reduce the number of incidents that occur.”
Anyone with information about either of the robberies should contact Westminster Crime Squad on 020 7321 8686 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.