Kwasi Mensah-Ababio: Jury retires to consider its verdict over four men accused of Wembley murder
- Credit: Archant
The jury’s out on the trial of four men accused of gunning down an innocent man in Wembley.
Kwasi Mensah-Ababio was found slumped on a park bench in Monks Park with a gun shot wound to his head on July 7.
A jury of nine men and three women retired to consider the evidence heard at the Old Bailey.
Rene Montaque, 25, of Edgware, Taalib Rowe, 25, from Luton, Karlos Gracia, 23 and Alhassan Jalloh, 21, both of Stonebridge Park all deny murder.
In what is alleged to be a gang-related “revenge” murder, the 26-year-old, was killed two days after rapper Craig Richard Smalls, known as “Smallz” was shot in the head on the Harrow Road.
You may also want to watch:
The court heard territory wars between rival gangs in Stonebridge and St Raphael’s could be central to the death of 26-year-old Mr Mensah-Ababio.
Juror’s heard Darren Buchanen, aka Pacman, in St Raphael’s Estate is believed to have been the intended “revenge target” and not Mr Ababio.
- 1 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 2 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 3 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 4 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 5 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 6 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 7 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 8 Habitual car thief jailed for six months after stealing 11 vehicles
- 9 Vale Farm Sports Centre offering facilities for free from May 17
- 10 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road