Kwasi Mensah-Ababio: Jury retires to consider its verdict over four men accused of Wembley murder
- Credit: Archant
The jury’s out on the trial of four men accused of gunning down an innocent man in Wembley.
Kwasi Mensah-Ababio was found slumped on a park bench in Monks Park with a gun shot wound to his head on July 7.
A jury of nine men and three women retired to consider the evidence heard at the Old Bailey.
Rene Montaque, 25, of Edgware, Taalib Rowe, 25, from Luton, Karlos Gracia, 23 and Alhassan Jalloh, 21, both of Stonebridge Park all deny murder.
In what is alleged to be a gang-related “revenge” murder, the 26-year-old, was killed two days after rapper Craig Richard Smalls, known as “Smallz” was shot in the head on the Harrow Road.
You may also want to watch:
The court heard territory wars between rival gangs in Stonebridge and St Raphael’s could be central to the death of 26-year-old Mr Mensah-Ababio.
Juror’s heard Darren Buchanen, aka Pacman, in St Raphael’s Estate is believed to have been the intended “revenge target” and not Mr Ababio.
- 1 Kingsbury mandir to be 'Europe's first' vaccine centre in Hindu temple
- 2 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 3 Gang member jailed for 18 years after hiding guns and drugs in Cricklewood
- 4 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 5 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 6 Maida Vale woman launches petition after kitten bought online dies
- 7 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre
- 8 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 9 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 10 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai