Kwasi Mensah-Ababio: Jury retires to consider its verdict over four men accused of Wembley murder
- Credit: Archant
The jury’s out on the trial of four men accused of gunning down an innocent man in Wembley.
Kwasi Mensah-Ababio was found slumped on a park bench in Monks Park with a gun shot wound to his head on July 7.
A jury of nine men and three women retired to consider the evidence heard at the Old Bailey.
Rene Montaque, 25, of Edgware, Taalib Rowe, 25, from Luton, Karlos Gracia, 23 and Alhassan Jalloh, 21, both of Stonebridge Park all deny murder.
In what is alleged to be a gang-related “revenge” murder, the 26-year-old, was killed two days after rapper Craig Richard Smalls, known as “Smallz” was shot in the head on the Harrow Road.
The court heard territory wars between rival gangs in Stonebridge and St Raphael’s could be central to the death of 26-year-old Mr Mensah-Ababio.
Juror’s heard Darren Buchanen, aka Pacman, in St Raphael’s Estate is believed to have been the intended “revenge target” and not Mr Ababio.
- 1 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 2 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 3 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 4 Adomah's late goal wins it for QPR at Coventry
- 5 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 6 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 7 Below-par QPR found a way to win at Coventry says Warburton
- 8 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 9 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 10 Brent Mosque vaccinates 10,000th person