July trial date for man accused of Lea Adri-Soejok murder in Colindale
- Credit: Archant
Rahim Mohammadi, 40, of Haggerston, was charged on Sunday with killing the pensioner at a lock-up store in Sheaveshill Avenue.
The 80-year-old grandmother, who was also well-known by her maiden name of Lea Hulselman, had been reported missing last Tuesday at 1.40am and her body was discovered at the allotment, where she was secretary, by police 25 minutes later.
A post mortem report subsequently revealed she had been strangled.
Mohammadi, of Goldsmiths Row, was arrested on Friday and charged last Sunday night.
He appeared at the Old Bailey yesterday assisted by an interpreter and spoke only to confirm his name.
You may also want to watch:
A provisional trial date of July 10 was set with a plea hearing on May 23.
- 1 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 2 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 3 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 6 Lessons from the Covid pandemic: we need a revolution!
- 7 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 8 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 9 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding
- 10 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants