July trial date for man accused of Lea Adri-Soejok murder in Colindale
- Credit: Archant
Rahim Mohammadi, 40, of Haggerston, was charged on Sunday with killing the pensioner at a lock-up store in Sheaveshill Avenue.
The 80-year-old grandmother, who was also well-known by her maiden name of Lea Hulselman, had been reported missing last Tuesday at 1.40am and her body was discovered at the allotment, where she was secretary, by police 25 minutes later.
A post mortem report subsequently revealed she had been strangled.
Mohammadi, of Goldsmiths Row, was arrested on Friday and charged last Sunday night.
He appeared at the Old Bailey yesterday assisted by an interpreter and spoke only to confirm his name.
You may also want to watch:
A provisional trial date of July 10 was set with a plea hearing on May 23.
- 1 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
- 2 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 3 QPR have 'great opportunity' to reach last eight of Carabao Cup
- 4 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 5 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 6 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 7 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 8 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 10 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London