Joy Morgan: Mother’s plea to find daughter’s body as Cricklewood man charged with her murder faces trial
- Credit: Archant
The mother of a missing student is pleading for any information leading to her daughter as a Cricklewood man faces trial charged with her murder.
Shohfah-El Israel, 40, of Fordwych Road, has been charged with killing Joy Morgan, whose body still has not been found.
The 21-year-old midwifery student, who had links to Cricklewood, was reported missing from Hatfield on February 7.
She was last seen in Ilford on December 26, 2018.
Joy’s mother Carol said: “Our beautiful Joy is so loved by us and we are living a nightmare not knowing where she is.
You may also want to watch:
“We cannot come to terms with what has happened. The situation is unbearable.
“Joy turned 21 on February 12 and we should have been able to celebrate with her.
- 1 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 4 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 5 QPR boss Warburton excited for competitive football to return with fans
- 6 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 7 Loaded shotgun seized in Harlesden as police crack down on gang activity
- 8 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 9 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 10 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
“Please, if you have any information at all that will help the police, get in touch.
“I cannot say it enough – just please, please get in touch and help us.”
Officers are still keen to hear from anyone who has information about a red Honda vehicle which belongs to Israel.
Det Insp Justine Jenkins, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire major crime unit, said: “The vehicle has been located but I am keen to hear from anyone who might have seen it over the festive period and into the New Year.
Joy used to travel in the vehicle and any information you have about it, no matter how small it might seem, could be vital to the investigation.
“If you saw it, please do not hesitate to get in touch and let us know when and where it was.”
Joy, described as slim, about 5ft 5in, with glasses and afro hair regularly covered with a scarf, has links to Ilford, Battersea, Cricklewood, Stevenage and Luton.
Israel will next appear in court on May 31, with a trial penned in for July 8.
Anyone with information can contact Herts police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.