Josh Hanson murder: Tribute fundraising page raises £26k in seven days
- Credit: Archant
The mother of a Kingsbury man who was murdered inside a bar in Eastcote has set up a fundraising page to establish a charity in his memory.
Josh Hanson, 21, was stabbed in the neck in an ‘unprovoked and motiveless attack’ inside the RE Bar in the early hours on October 11.
His killer is still at large.
Tracey Hanson has established the crowd fundraising site were the monies raised will go towards the 21-year-old’s funeral and the ‘Justice for Josh Hanson’ charity which will campaign against knife crime.
The website has raised more than £26,000 towards its £30,000 target since it was launched seven days ago thanks to generous donators who have been moved by the tragedy.
You may also want to watch:
A statement on the site says: “Not only was Josh a hardworking man usually working seven days a week, he was loving, caring and funny. He was an angel with a big heart helping and supporting his family and friends was something he did naturally without a second thought.
“Please help us to raise as much as we can to help with his funeral arrangements and the ongoing fight against knife crime, Josh has left behind a mother and sister who he supported and would be rallying around for anyone else in this tragic situation.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 3 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 4 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 5 Dykes strikes late as QPR down Swansea
- 6 QPR motivated by 'nothing to play for' talk says Warburton
- 7 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 8 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 9 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
“Please continue to keep his memory alive as we shall, his beautiful kindness had no bounds and he would want us all to continue helping others.”
Detectives who investigating the murder have put up a £10,000 reward for information leading to suspect Shane O’Brien.
The 27-year-old lives in Ladbroke but is known to have connections in the Ruislip area.
Witnesses or anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8785 8099 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
To make a donation visit gofundme.com/joshhanson.