Josh Hanson murder: Detectives have obtained CCTV footage of Kingsbury man being stabbed inside Eastcote bar
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have obtained CCTV footage of the unprovoked murder of a Kingsbury man in a bar in Eastcote.
Josh Hanson, 21, died after he was stabbed in the neck inside RE Bar on Sunday morning at around 1.10am.
The roads planner was at the bar with his girlfriend and some friends when his killer struck in an attack that lasted seconds.
The bar handed over the crucial footage to investigating officers who are meticulously trawling through it in the hope of identifying the killer.
DCI Noel McHugh, who is leading the murder hunt, told the Times: “We do have footage and our officers are working around the clock with this investigation.
“This was a totally random attack.
“There was no build up and you wouldn’t have seen it coming.
- 1 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 2 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 3 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 4 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 5 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 6 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 7 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 8 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 9 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
“There was no animosity beforehand and it was totally unpredictable.”
Yesterday his devastated mother Tracey Hanson urged anyone with information about the murder to come forward.
She said: “Josh was a son that any mother would wish for. He was a hard-working man who provided for his family. He was also carving out a promising career for himself. He had already made plans to see more of the world next year.
“He was always smiling and laughing, he made everyone laugh with his upbeat approach to life.
“For all those who met him they only had good things to say and this is being reflected in the offers of condolence to myself, his friends and family.
“Please, if you know anything, come forward and tell the police who committed this horrific murder and inform them of their whereabouts.”
Witnesses or anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8785 8099 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.