Josh Hanson murder: Detectives have obtained CCTV footage of Kingsbury man being stabbed inside Eastcote bar
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have obtained CCTV footage of the unprovoked murder of a Kingsbury man in a bar in Eastcote.
Josh Hanson, 21, died after he was stabbed in the neck inside RE Bar on Sunday morning at around 1.10am.
The roads planner was at the bar with his girlfriend and some friends when his killer struck in an attack that lasted seconds.
The bar handed over the crucial footage to investigating officers who are meticulously trawling through it in the hope of identifying the killer.
DCI Noel McHugh, who is leading the murder hunt, told the Times: “We do have footage and our officers are working around the clock with this investigation.
You may also want to watch:
“This was a totally random attack.
“There was no build up and you wouldn’t have seen it coming.
- 1 Habitual Harlesden car thief jailed for six months after stealing 11 vehicles
- 2 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 3 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 4 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 5 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 6 QPR will look to wrap up the season strongly at home to Luton Town
- 7 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
- 8 Cycle challenge at Neasden Temple raises thousands for India
- 9 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 10 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
“There was no animosity beforehand and it was totally unpredictable.”
Yesterday his devastated mother Tracey Hanson urged anyone with information about the murder to come forward.
She said: “Josh was a son that any mother would wish for. He was a hard-working man who provided for his family. He was also carving out a promising career for himself. He had already made plans to see more of the world next year.
“He was always smiling and laughing, he made everyone laugh with his upbeat approach to life.
“For all those who met him they only had good things to say and this is being reflected in the offers of condolence to myself, his friends and family.
“Please, if you know anything, come forward and tell the police who committed this horrific murder and inform them of their whereabouts.”
Witnesses or anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8785 8099 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.