Josh Hanson murder: Conditions imposed on Eastcote bar where Kingsbury man was stabbed
- Credit: Archant
A bar where a man from Kingsbury was stabbed to death last weekend has had conditions imposed on its licence.
The RE Bar in Eastcote has had six new rules put in place with immediate effect following the murder of Josh Hanson.
The 21-year-old was stabbed in the neck in an unprovoked and motiveless attack in the early hours of last Sunday morning.
Last week Hillingdon Council held a special review and placed the conditions pending a full review on November 8.
Under the new measures the bar must:
• Have a SIA-trained bouncer at all times who will search every customer using a wand, a ‘pat down’ method and a bag inspection.
• Use a CCTV camera to record the entrance of the bar during opening hours.
- 1 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 2 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 3 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 4 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 5 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 6 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 7 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 8 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
• Record the face of every single customer on CCTV as they enter the premises.
• Employ a female and male bouncer from 8pm until it closes on a Friday, Saturday and any ‘special events’.
• Agree a policy with the police relating to the storage and disposal of illegal drugs, weapons or any other banned items.
• Not allow anyone to enter the premises, or re-enter, after midnight.
Following the brutal killing detectives viewed crucial CCTV footage that captured Mr Hanson’s murder and have named Shane O’Brien as a suspect.
A £10,000 reward is being offered for information leading to O’Brien’s whereabouts.
DCI Noel McHugh, who is leading the murder hunt, said: “I would appeal directly to O’Brien to contact us, or ask that anyone who has seen him or who knows where he is to contact us as well. I do believe someone out there will know where he is.
“A substantial reward is now on offer to anyone with information that leads to O’Brien’s arrest and prosecution and we hope this will encourage someone to come forward.
“Josh was a hard-working young lad, up at 5am for his job as a roads planner and often working seven days a week. He had everything to live for and when he went out that Saturday night no one could have imagined what would happen to him. His family are in pieces.”
Paying tribute to her son, Tracey Hanson said: “Josh was a son that any mother would wish for. He was a hard-working man who provided for his family. He was also carving out a promising career for himself. He had already made plans to see more of the world next year.
“He was always smiling and laughing, he made everyone laugh with his upbeat approach to life.
“For all those who met him they only had good things to say and this is being reflected in the offers of condolence to myself, his friends and family.
“Please, if you know anything, come forward and tell the police who committed this horrific murder and inform them of their whereabouts.”
Witnesses or anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8785 8099 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.