Jason Issacs stabbing: Brent boy, 16, arrested on suspicion of murder
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old from Brent has been arrested in connection with the fatal stabbing of a teenager in Northolt.
Jason Isaacs, was critically injured in Newnham Close, Northolt, on November 18 at around 10.30pm.
Police and paramedics found the 18-year-old suffering from multiple stab wounds. He was rushed to hospital but died three days later.
A 16-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was arrested this morning on suspicion of murder at an address in Brent and remains in custody, Scotland Yard said.
An 18-year-old man from Watford who was also arrested has been released under investigation.
It follows the arrest of a 17-year old on November 30 who was subsequently charged with murder.
A £20,000 reward is being offered by police for information that leads to the identification, arrest and prosecution of those responsible for killing Mr Isaacs.
- 1 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 2 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 3 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 4 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 5 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 6 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 7 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 8 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 9 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 10 Call for pictures of your Platinum Jubilee street parties and celebrations
Det Ch Insp Noel McHugh, leading the investigation, said: “It has been three weeks since Jason was attacked and killed. We have charged one male and made two further arrests, but we continue to appeal for anyone who witnessed the attack, or anyone with information to come forward.
“Our suspects are four people riding on two mopeds. At least one of them was not wearing a crash helmet. Did you see them before, after or during the incident? Can you name any of them?
“Your information, even if provided anonymously through Crimestoppers, could help remove violent criminals from your area or may eliminate someone from police enquiries. No matter how small, please make the call.”
Jason’s mother said: “Our amazing, beautiful Jason went out with friends for a night out and a few drinks. He should have come home to his loving family. Instead he was brutally attacked, he never stood a chance.
“Our lives are in pieces. Every little piece of information is really important. For Jason, make that call, thank you.”
Anyone with information can call the police Incident Room on 020 8785 8099, the Homicide and Major Crime Command via 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111
The charged teen is due to appear at the Old Bailey on February 20, with a provisional trial date set for April 30.