Jailed: Tottenham twin who carried out armed robberies in Willesden and Cricklewood
- Credit: Archant
The Tottenham man who accompanied his twin brother as he carried out two armed robberies on fast food outlets in Willesden and Cricklewood has been jailed for eight years.
Marco Madeo, 20, stormed a take-away in the High Road with his brother Mario, who jumped over the counter and threatened the shop worker with a handgun.
Both men then raided money from the till and made off along Park Avenue on May 25, 2015.
Firearm officers who were called to the scene searched the area before the teenage pair were spotted raiding another takeaway less than a mile away in Cricklewood Broadway.
Mario Madeo was caught as he tried to flee through a back door. He was jailed last October for seven years but Marco managed to escape.
You may also want to watch:
Marco Madeo was finally arrested on May 27, released on bail and charged on March 29.
Further enquiries linked Marco to four minicab robberies which were investigated separately. He pleaded guilty to all four offences at Harrow Crown Court on October 10.
- 1 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 2 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 3 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 4 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 5 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 6 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 7 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 8 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 9 We didn't stand up insists QPR boss Warburton in Rotherham defeat
- 10 Pubs in Kensal reopen after Covid lockdown
On October 28 he was found guilty of two counts of robbery, two counts of possessing an imitation firearm while committing robbery and one count of possession of an offensive weapon.
On Friday he was jailed for eight years for all the offences.
Detective Constable Adrian Whitewick, who led the investigation by the Flying Squad, said: “Marco Madeo is a dangerous individual who used the threat of violence to intimidate his victims to carry out his attacks.
“Thanks to the dedicated detective work of the Flying Squad and officers from Wembley, Madeo and his brother are now serving lengthy sentences behind bars.”