Jailed: Thief who stole mobile phones from System of a Down fans at Wembley Arena
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
A thief who stole mobile phones from concert goers in Wembley Arena has been jailed after an app led police officers to him.
Leonard Dragomir, 40, from Barking, east London, targeted his seven victims at a gig by American rock band System of a Down who were playing on April 10.
However a ‘find my phone’ app on one of the phones traced him moving along the North Circular Road (A406) before he arrived at an address in Walthamstow, east London, where he was arrested.
Officers found him in possession of eight phones of which seven had been reported stolen by attendees at the concert.
He admitted seven counts of theft and was jailed for four months at Harrow Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Rob Borgeaud said: “Brent Police are committed to arresting and charging those criminals who visit Brent specifically with the intention of committing crime.
“I hope this sentence serve as a warning to others that we will disrupt organised criminal networks and ensure they are brought to justice.”
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 4 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 7 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 10 Community vegetable patch in Kilburn under threat