Jailed: Thief who stole mobile phones from System of a Down fans at Wembley Arena
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
A thief who stole mobile phones from concert goers in Wembley Arena has been jailed after an app led police officers to him.
Leonard Dragomir, 40, from Barking, east London, targeted his seven victims at a gig by American rock band System of a Down who were playing on April 10.
However a ‘find my phone’ app on one of the phones traced him moving along the North Circular Road (A406) before he arrived at an address in Walthamstow, east London, where he was arrested.
Officers found him in possession of eight phones of which seven had been reported stolen by attendees at the concert.
He admitted seven counts of theft and was jailed for four months at Harrow Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Rob Borgeaud said: “Brent Police are committed to arresting and charging those criminals who visit Brent specifically with the intention of committing crime.
“I hope this sentence serve as a warning to others that we will disrupt organised criminal networks and ensure they are brought to justice.”
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 'Cowardly' government accused by Brent MP of siding with 'bad bosses'
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'