Jailed: Thief who stole mobile phones from System of a Down fans at Wembley Arena
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
A thief who stole mobile phones from concert goers in Wembley Arena has been jailed after an app led police officers to him.
Leonard Dragomir, 40, from Barking, east London, targeted his seven victims at a gig by American rock band System of a Down who were playing on April 10.
However a ‘find my phone’ app on one of the phones traced him moving along the North Circular Road (A406) before he arrived at an address in Walthamstow, east London, where he was arrested.
Officers found him in possession of eight phones of which seven had been reported stolen by attendees at the concert.
He admitted seven counts of theft and was jailed for four months at Harrow Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Rob Borgeaud said: “Brent Police are committed to arresting and charging those criminals who visit Brent specifically with the intention of committing crime.
“I hope this sentence serve as a warning to others that we will disrupt organised criminal networks and ensure they are brought to justice.”
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 3 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 4 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 5 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 6 Dykes strikes late as QPR down Swansea
- 7 QPR motivated by 'nothing to play for' talk says Warburton
- 8 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 9 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids