Jailed: Thief who stole mobile phones from System of a Down fans at Wembley Arena
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
A thief who stole mobile phones from concert goers in Wembley Arena has been jailed after an app led police officers to him.
Leonard Dragomir, 40, from Barking, east London, targeted his seven victims at a gig by American rock band System of a Down who were playing on April 10.
However a ‘find my phone’ app on one of the phones traced him moving along the North Circular Road (A406) before he arrived at an address in Walthamstow, east London, where he was arrested.
Officers found him in possession of eight phones of which seven had been reported stolen by attendees at the concert.
He admitted seven counts of theft and was jailed for four months at Harrow Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Rob Borgeaud said: “Brent Police are committed to arresting and charging those criminals who visit Brent specifically with the intention of committing crime.
“I hope this sentence serve as a warning to others that we will disrupt organised criminal networks and ensure they are brought to justice.”
- 1 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 2 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 5 QPR eager to start climbing the table when they face Derby
- 6 Warburton praises QPR character in win at Cardiff
- 7 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai
- 8 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 9 Woman killed after collision with alleged drunk driver in Kenton
- 10 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies