Jailed: Sudbury man who raped woman after claiming he was Chelsea striker Loic Remy
- Credit: Archant
A Sudbury man has been jailed for raping a woman after he claimed he was Chelsea striker Loic Remy when they met at a bar.
Andrew Robinson, 37, of Rosebank Avenue, met the victim, who is in her 60s, during a night out at a wine barin Eastcote, before they took a taxi back to her home with Reading FC scout Paul Roche in July 2014.
The Old bailey heard Mr Roche left the victim’s home in Pinner after he and Robinson argued over his claims of being a footballer - leaving him alone with the woman.
The victim asked him to leave and he raped her after he requested to use her toilet before he left.
The victim called the police and officers from the sexual offences, exploitation and child abuse command launched the hunt to trace him.
You may also want to watch:
Following extensive CCTV analysis, coupled with forensic work, Robinson was identified and arrested in December 2014 before he was subsequently charged.
He had denied any wrongdoing claiming the victim had consented to sex and was found guilty of rape yesterday.
- 1 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 2 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 3 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 4 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 7 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 8 Brent's parks and gardens are big winners of London in Bloom awards
- 9 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 10 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'
Today he was jailed for nine years.
Detective Constable Damien Edgson, who led the investigation, said Robinson may have attacked other women.
He said: “I would like to praise the courage of the victim for coming to police to report this rape and for supporting the investigation. This has resulted in Andrew Robinson, a violent and dangerous man, being jailed for a considerable period of time.
“Robinson’s attack appears to have been calculated and it cannot be discounted that he hasn’t carried out this sort of attack before. I would appeal to anyone who believes they have been a victim of Andrew Robinson to have the confidence to contact police.”