Jailed: Sudbury man who raped woman after claiming he was Chelsea striker Loic Remy
- Credit: Archant
A Sudbury man has been jailed for raping a woman after he claimed he was Chelsea striker Loic Remy when they met at a bar.
Andrew Robinson, 37, of Rosebank Avenue, met the victim, who is in her 60s, during a night out at a wine barin Eastcote, before they took a taxi back to her home with Reading FC scout Paul Roche in July 2014.
The Old bailey heard Mr Roche left the victim’s home in Pinner after he and Robinson argued over his claims of being a footballer - leaving him alone with the woman.
The victim asked him to leave and he raped her after he requested to use her toilet before he left.
The victim called the police and officers from the sexual offences, exploitation and child abuse command launched the hunt to trace him.
You may also want to watch:
Following extensive CCTV analysis, coupled with forensic work, Robinson was identified and arrested in December 2014 before he was subsequently charged.
He had denied any wrongdoing claiming the victim had consented to sex and was found guilty of rape yesterday.
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 3 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 4 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 5 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 6 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 7 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 8 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 9 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 10 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
Today he was jailed for nine years.
Detective Constable Damien Edgson, who led the investigation, said Robinson may have attacked other women.
He said: “I would like to praise the courage of the victim for coming to police to report this rape and for supporting the investigation. This has resulted in Andrew Robinson, a violent and dangerous man, being jailed for a considerable period of time.
“Robinson’s attack appears to have been calculated and it cannot be discounted that he hasn’t carried out this sort of attack before. I would appeal to anyone who believes they have been a victim of Andrew Robinson to have the confidence to contact police.”