Jailed: Stonebridge man who burgled his elderly neighbour
- Credit: Archant
Man from Stonebridge who burgled an elderly neighbour’s home was caught after he left his fingerprint on his victim’s window.
Brian Myers, 54, of Melville Road, stole cash and several mobile phones after he climbed through an open window at the flat in Barry Road during the night.
The 71-year-old victim, who had gone to bed after leaving the window slightly opened, woke up to find his possessions missing on August 18 this year.
Myers was arrested three days later after the fingerprint led to his identification.
He admitted burglary and was jailed for two years and five months at Harrow Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Martina English, from the Brent Forensic Conversion Team, said: “The sentence handed down will ensure our communities are protected from further offending by Myers. We will continue to target those responsible for burglary and theft across the borough.”
- 1 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 2 Person dies after being 'injured by a train' at Wembley station
- 3 Police 'determined' to find Wembley man who failed to appear at court
- 4 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 5 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 6 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 7 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 8 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 9 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 10 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named