Jailed: Stonebridge man who burgled his elderly neighbour
- Credit: Archant
Man from Stonebridge who burgled an elderly neighbour’s home was caught after he left his fingerprint on his victim’s window.
Brian Myers, 54, of Melville Road, stole cash and several mobile phones after he climbed through an open window at the flat in Barry Road during the night.
The 71-year-old victim, who had gone to bed after leaving the window slightly opened, woke up to find his possessions missing on August 18 this year.
Myers was arrested three days later after the fingerprint led to his identification.
He admitted burglary and was jailed for two years and five months at Harrow Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Martina English, from the Brent Forensic Conversion Team, said: “The sentence handed down will ensure our communities are protected from further offending by Myers. We will continue to target those responsible for burglary and theft across the borough.”
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 3 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 4 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 7 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man