Jailed: Stonebridge man who burgled his elderly neighbour
- Credit: Archant
Man from Stonebridge who burgled an elderly neighbour’s home was caught after he left his fingerprint on his victim’s window.
Brian Myers, 54, of Melville Road, stole cash and several mobile phones after he climbed through an open window at the flat in Barry Road during the night.
The 71-year-old victim, who had gone to bed after leaving the window slightly opened, woke up to find his possessions missing on August 18 this year.
Myers was arrested three days later after the fingerprint led to his identification.
He admitted burglary and was jailed for two years and five months at Harrow Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Martina English, from the Brent Forensic Conversion Team, said: “The sentence handed down will ensure our communities are protected from further offending by Myers. We will continue to target those responsible for burglary and theft across the borough.”
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 3 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 4 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 5 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 6 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 7 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 8 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 9 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 10 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way