Jailed: Stonebridge man who burgled his elderly neighbour
- Credit: Archant
Man from Stonebridge who burgled an elderly neighbour’s home was caught after he left his fingerprint on his victim’s window.
Brian Myers, 54, of Melville Road, stole cash and several mobile phones after he climbed through an open window at the flat in Barry Road during the night.
The 71-year-old victim, who had gone to bed after leaving the window slightly opened, woke up to find his possessions missing on August 18 this year.
Myers was arrested three days later after the fingerprint led to his identification.
He admitted burglary and was jailed for two years and five months at Harrow Crown Court.
Detective Constable Martina English, from the Brent Forensic Conversion Team, said: “The sentence handed down will ensure our communities are protected from further offending by Myers. We will continue to target those responsible for burglary and theft across the borough.”
- 1 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 2 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 3 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 4 Battle lines drawn as school’s 3G pitch decision heads to meeting
- 5 Police officers barred for 'shameful' misconduct over murdered sisters
- 6 Met Police arrest more than 900 in London-wide knife crime op
- 7 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack
- 8 Covid-19: How Brent's current cases compare to November 2020
- 9 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 10 Handcuffing: What is the Met's new policy and why has it been introduced?