Jailed: Queen’s Park man who kidnapped a drug dealer and threatened to cut off his testicles
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A Queen’s Park man who kidnapped a drug dealer and threatened to cut off his testicles in a ‘Scarface’ sting has been jailed for 14 years.
Ricardo Spooner, 30, of Third Avenue, was part of an eight-strong gang that tied up Andre Goddard with his own belt after luring him with a drugs deal in which he was paid with counterfeit cash.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard the victim escaped but was kidnapped a second time from the hospital he went to for treatment by Daniel Obeng, 29, who was an associated of his, Miniru Newton-Adiss, 34, Jason Jackman, 42, and Colin Headley, 51.
Goddard had arranged a deal between Spooner, Yaw Darko-Kwakye, 31, and Richard Agyemang, 27, for the supply of two kilos of cannabis from Newton-Adiss and Obeng for £3,000 between July 30 and August 10, 2013.
At the meeting on August 10, Spooner, Agyemang, Darko-Kwakye and Mahlechi Hunte, 26, shoved Goddard into the back of the van with Obeng and demanded to know where the drugs were.
You may also want to watch:
In the Al Pacino movie Scarface gangster Tony Montana’s brother is tortured with a chainsaw to make him reveal the whereabouts of their cocaine stash.
The two men managed to escape on the same evening in Upton Park, east London, and were seen jumping out of the van by a driver who called the police.
- 1 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Gang member jailed for 18 years after hiding guns and drugs in Cricklewood
- 4 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre
- 5 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 6 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 7 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 8 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 9 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 10 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
Prior to the start of the trial, Agyemang and Darko-Kwakye attempted to bribe Goddard with between £2,500 and £10,000 to discontinue the case.
Spooner was convicted of imprisonment for kidnap and false imprisonment with a concurrent sentence of four years for unlawful wounding.
Six of his co-defendants received a total of 77 years for kidnapping and false imprisonment
Obeng is due to be sentenced on Friday.