Jailed: Man who climbed a drainpipe so he could rape a woman in Brent
- Credit: Archant
A sex attacker who tried to rape a woman in Brent after climbing a drainpipe to get into her home has been jailed for six years.
Danilo Silva, 33, from Tottenham, north London, attempted to rape his victim as she slept on her living room sofa after he crept through a first floor window in July last year.
He fled after the victim woke up and fight him off and was arrested the following day after she identified him to police.
Forensic evidence linking him to the address was found outside and insider his victim’s home.
Today he was jailed at Isleworth Crown Court having been convicted of attempted rape and indecent assault.
Detective Sergeant Steve Grainger, investigating officer, said: “Silva made a concerted effort to enter an address with the sole intent of committing a serious sexual assault.
“I would like to praise the victim for having the confidence and courage to report her ordeal to police. Her evidence was supported by witnesses who should also be praised. I hope today’s sentencing gives them some sort of closure and also displays the professionalism and commitment of officers within the Met to investigate allegations of sexual crime to a satisfactory conclusion.”
- 1 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 2 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 3 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 4 Adomah's late goal wins it for QPR at Coventry
- 5 Below-par QPR found a way to win at Coventry says Warburton
- 6 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 7 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 8 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 9 Sudbury: Plan for 52 one-bed flats falls through after appeal
- 10 Brent Mosque vaccinates 10,000th person