Jailed: Man who climbed a drainpipe so he could rape a woman in Brent
- Credit: Archant
A sex attacker who tried to rape a woman in Brent after climbing a drainpipe to get into her home has been jailed for six years.
Danilo Silva, 33, from Tottenham, north London, attempted to rape his victim as she slept on her living room sofa after he crept through a first floor window in July last year.
He fled after the victim woke up and fight him off and was arrested the following day after she identified him to police.
Forensic evidence linking him to the address was found outside and insider his victim’s home.
Today he was jailed at Isleworth Crown Court having been convicted of attempted rape and indecent assault.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Sergeant Steve Grainger, investigating officer, said: “Silva made a concerted effort to enter an address with the sole intent of committing a serious sexual assault.
“I would like to praise the victim for having the confidence and courage to report her ordeal to police. Her evidence was supported by witnesses who should also be praised. I hope today’s sentencing gives them some sort of closure and also displays the professionalism and commitment of officers within the Met to investigate allegations of sexual crime to a satisfactory conclusion.”
- 1 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 2 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 3 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 4 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 7 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 8 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 9 Mark Warburton insists QPR on right track despite Bristol City defeat
- 10 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED