Jailed: Man who climbed a drainpipe so he could rape a woman in Brent
- Credit: Archant
A sex attacker who tried to rape a woman in Brent after climbing a drainpipe to get into her home has been jailed for six years.
Danilo Silva, 33, from Tottenham, north London, attempted to rape his victim as she slept on her living room sofa after he crept through a first floor window in July last year.
He fled after the victim woke up and fight him off and was arrested the following day after she identified him to police.
Forensic evidence linking him to the address was found outside and insider his victim’s home.
Today he was jailed at Isleworth Crown Court having been convicted of attempted rape and indecent assault.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Sergeant Steve Grainger, investigating officer, said: “Silva made a concerted effort to enter an address with the sole intent of committing a serious sexual assault.
“I would like to praise the victim for having the confidence and courage to report her ordeal to police. Her evidence was supported by witnesses who should also be praised. I hope today’s sentencing gives them some sort of closure and also displays the professionalism and commitment of officers within the Met to investigate allegations of sexual crime to a satisfactory conclusion.”
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 3 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 4 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 5 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 6 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 7 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 8 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 9 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 10 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens