Jailed: Kingsbury man who set up ‘Breaking Bad’ crystal meth lab in his garage
- Credit: Archant
A Kingsbury man who turned his garage into a Breaking Bad - style crystal meth factory has been jailed for eight years.
Christiano Valente, 38, was found in possession of more than £500,000 worth of drugs when police raided his home in Stag Lane, in February this year.
He was arrested alongside a 29-year-old woman at his address who was found to have cannabis in her handbag.
Valente, a Brazilian national, admitted the production of crystal meth, possession of cocaine and possession of the drug, GBL.
Last week at Harrow Crown Court he was jailed.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Claire McGlynn from Brent CID said: “This is a good result for the community of Brent. A large amount of drugs were seized with a street value in excess of £500,000.
“This sends a clear message to those who produce illegal drugs that it will not be tolerated and will be dealt with vigorously by police.”
- 1 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 2 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 3 QPR boss Warburton says they will be prepared for a strong Rotherham side
- 4 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 5 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 6 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 7 Pubs in Kensal reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 9 Shops, hairdressers, pub gardens and gyms reopen today
- 10 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
Breaking Bad is a fictional American TV series where a terminally-ill school chemistry teacher sets up a crystal meth lab in his home to secure his family’s financial future before he dies.