Jailed: Kingsbury man who set up ‘Breaking Bad’ crystal meth lab in his garage
- Credit: Archant
A Kingsbury man who turned his garage into a Breaking Bad - style crystal meth factory has been jailed for eight years.
Christiano Valente, 38, was found in possession of more than £500,000 worth of drugs when police raided his home in Stag Lane, in February this year.
He was arrested alongside a 29-year-old woman at his address who was found to have cannabis in her handbag.
Valente, a Brazilian national, admitted the production of crystal meth, possession of cocaine and possession of the drug, GBL.
Last week at Harrow Crown Court he was jailed.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Claire McGlynn from Brent CID said: “This is a good result for the community of Brent. A large amount of drugs were seized with a street value in excess of £500,000.
“This sends a clear message to those who produce illegal drugs that it will not be tolerated and will be dealt with vigorously by police.”
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
Breaking Bad is a fictional American TV series where a terminally-ill school chemistry teacher sets up a crystal meth lab in his home to secure his family’s financial future before he dies.