Jailed: Kingsbury burglar trapped by glass shards in his jumper
- Credit: Archant
A burglar who grappled with a homeowner who caught him breaking into his house in Kingsbury has been jailed for four years.
Lewis Williams kicked through the patio doors of the property in Limesdale Gardens before fighting with his victim who confronted him during the burglary on September 17 last year.
The 42-year-old pushed his victim who had tried to detain him before he fled the scene.
However he was caught nearby by police officers who had been called.
Williams refused to be interviewed and later claimed he was never at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
But yesterday on the first day of his trial at Southwark Crown Court he admitted burglary and the possession of heroin after he learnt officers had found shards of identical glass from the patio doors on his jumper.
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 3 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 4 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 5 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 6 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 7 Disabled Wembley cyclist calls for more inclusivity on Brent's roads
- 8 Tributes paid to Queen's Park charity worker who died after contracting Covid
- 9 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 10 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton