Jailed: Kingsbury burglar trapped by glass shards in his jumper
- Credit: Archant
A burglar who grappled with a homeowner who caught him breaking into his house in Kingsbury has been jailed for four years.
Lewis Williams kicked through the patio doors of the property in Limesdale Gardens before fighting with his victim who confronted him during the burglary on September 17 last year.
The 42-year-old pushed his victim who had tried to detain him before he fled the scene.
However he was caught nearby by police officers who had been called.
Williams refused to be interviewed and later claimed he was never at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
But yesterday on the first day of his trial at Southwark Crown Court he admitted burglary and the possession of heroin after he learnt officers had found shards of identical glass from the patio doors on his jumper.
- 1 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 2 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 3 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 4 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 5 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 6 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 7 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 8 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 9 Neasden foodbank launches £60,000 fundraising appeal
- 10 'His confidence is high': QPR boss Warburton backs Lyndon Dykes