Jailed: Kingsbury burglar trapped by glass shards in his jumper
- Credit: Archant
A burglar who grappled with a homeowner who caught him breaking into his house in Kingsbury has been jailed for four years.
Lewis Williams kicked through the patio doors of the property in Limesdale Gardens before fighting with his victim who confronted him during the burglary on September 17 last year.
The 42-year-old pushed his victim who had tried to detain him before he fled the scene.
However he was caught nearby by police officers who had been called.
Williams refused to be interviewed and later claimed he was never at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
But yesterday on the first day of his trial at Southwark Crown Court he admitted burglary and the possession of heroin after he learnt officers had found shards of identical glass from the patio doors on his jumper.
- 1 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 2 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 3 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 4 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 5 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 6 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 7 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 8 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 9 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley