Jailed: Harlesden man who assaulted three police officers and ordered his Pit bull to attack them
A violent dog owner from Harlesden who assaulted three police officers and ordered his Pit ball to attack them to avoid arrest has been jailed.
Calvin Folks, 53, of Harlesden Road, hurled abuse at the officers while he kicked and punched them after they turned up at his house to arrest him on suspicion of assault.
Willesden Magistrates’ Court heard the dog tried to bite the officers but they managed to push him away and escape injury during the attack on January 25 this year.
Folks were arrested after officers from the dog unit came to his flat and seized his pet.
He was convicted of three counts of assault on police and being a person in charge of a dog dangerously out of control and jailed for two months.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Panda Patel of Brent Police said: “This incident serves to highlight the dangers that officers face every time they put on their uniform. They put themselves in harm’s way in order to protect the communities we serve.
“Assaulting an officer is unacceptable and we will actively target offenders on the borough and will arrest and bring to justice that intent on breaking the law in Brent.”
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 3 Wealdstone thrashed by league leaders Hartlepool United
- 4 Warburton: Dieng played on with broken nose before red card
- 5 QPR move into top 10 with win at Middlesbrough despite Dieng dismissal
- 6 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 7 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 8 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 9 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 10 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
The dog will be destroyed.