Jailed: Harlesden burglar who targeted homes in Brent and Westminster to feed his drug habit
- Credit: Archant
A career burglar from Harlesden who targeted homes in Brent and Westminster to feed his drug habit has been jailed for four years.
Jefferson Joseph, 43, of Burns Road, was snared by officers from Brent Police who carried out a surveillance operation to catch him in the act.
Following a number of break-ins they identified him as a suspect who was funding his addiction to class A drugs by carrying out the crimes between February and May this year.
When he was arrested in a car outside his house on May 22 officers uncovered a number of stolen items inside the vehicle and his home.
He admitted four counts of residential burglary in Brent and Westminster and two counts of handling stolen goods at Harrow Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Sergeant Dave Abbott, investigating officer, said: “Joseph is a career burglar with numerous previous convictions for burglary.
“The offence of burglary has a painful and long lasting effect on its victims.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 3 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 4 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 7 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 10 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
“Residents can be assured that Brent Crime Squad will put the fear in to burglary offenders operating on this borough by maintaining surveillance on them and arresting them when they least expect it.”