Jailed: Harlesden burglar who targeted homes in Brent and Westminster to feed his drug habit
- Credit: Archant
A career burglar from Harlesden who targeted homes in Brent and Westminster to feed his drug habit has been jailed for four years.
Jefferson Joseph, 43, of Burns Road, was snared by officers from Brent Police who carried out a surveillance operation to catch him in the act.
Following a number of break-ins they identified him as a suspect who was funding his addiction to class A drugs by carrying out the crimes between February and May this year.
When he was arrested in a car outside his house on May 22 officers uncovered a number of stolen items inside the vehicle and his home.
He admitted four counts of residential burglary in Brent and Westminster and two counts of handling stolen goods at Harrow Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Sergeant Dave Abbott, investigating officer, said: “Joseph is a career burglar with numerous previous convictions for burglary.
“The offence of burglary has a painful and long lasting effect on its victims.
- 1 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 2 QPR boss Warburton says they will be prepared for a strong Rotherham side
- 3 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 4 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 5 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 6 Pubs in Kensal reopen after Covid lockdown
- 7 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 8 Shops, hairdressers, pub gardens and gyms reopen today
- 9 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 10 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
“Residents can be assured that Brent Crime Squad will put the fear in to burglary offenders operating on this borough by maintaining surveillance on them and arresting them when they least expect it.”