Jailed: Harlesden burglar who targeted homes in Brent and Westminster to feed his drug habit
- Credit: Archant
A career burglar from Harlesden who targeted homes in Brent and Westminster to feed his drug habit has been jailed for four years.
Jefferson Joseph, 43, of Burns Road, was snared by officers from Brent Police who carried out a surveillance operation to catch him in the act.
Following a number of break-ins they identified him as a suspect who was funding his addiction to class A drugs by carrying out the crimes between February and May this year.
When he was arrested in a car outside his house on May 22 officers uncovered a number of stolen items inside the vehicle and his home.
He admitted four counts of residential burglary in Brent and Westminster and two counts of handling stolen goods at Harrow Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Sergeant Dave Abbott, investigating officer, said: “Joseph is a career burglar with numerous previous convictions for burglary.
“The offence of burglary has a painful and long lasting effect on its victims.
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 8 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 9 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 10 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
“Residents can be assured that Brent Crime Squad will put the fear in to burglary offenders operating on this borough by maintaining surveillance on them and arresting them when they least expect it.”