Jailed: Harlesden burglar who targeted homes in Brent and Westminster to feed his drug habit
- Credit: Archant
A career burglar from Harlesden who targeted homes in Brent and Westminster to feed his drug habit has been jailed for four years.
Jefferson Joseph, 43, of Burns Road, was snared by officers from Brent Police who carried out a surveillance operation to catch him in the act.
Following a number of break-ins they identified him as a suspect who was funding his addiction to class A drugs by carrying out the crimes between February and May this year.
When he was arrested in a car outside his house on May 22 officers uncovered a number of stolen items inside the vehicle and his home.
He admitted four counts of residential burglary in Brent and Westminster and two counts of handling stolen goods at Harrow Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Sergeant Dave Abbott, investigating officer, said: “Joseph is a career burglar with numerous previous convictions for burglary.
“The offence of burglary has a painful and long lasting effect on its victims.
- 1 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 2 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 3 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 4 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 5 Harlesden community garden wins two London in Bloom awards
- 6 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 7 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 8 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 9 FA Cup defeat ranks among one of the most 'gutting' for Wealdstone
- 10 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
“Residents can be assured that Brent Crime Squad will put the fear in to burglary offenders operating on this borough by maintaining surveillance on them and arresting them when they least expect it.”