Jailed: Harlesden burglar who targeted homes in Brent and Westminster to feed his drug habit
- Credit: Archant
A career burglar from Harlesden who targeted homes in Brent and Westminster to feed his drug habit has been jailed for four years.
Jefferson Joseph, 43, of Burns Road, was snared by officers from Brent Police who carried out a surveillance operation to catch him in the act.
Following a number of break-ins they identified him as a suspect who was funding his addiction to class A drugs by carrying out the crimes between February and May this year.
When he was arrested in a car outside his house on May 22 officers uncovered a number of stolen items inside the vehicle and his home.
He admitted four counts of residential burglary in Brent and Westminster and two counts of handling stolen goods at Harrow Crown Court.
Detective Sergeant Dave Abbott, investigating officer, said: “Joseph is a career burglar with numerous previous convictions for burglary.
“The offence of burglary has a painful and long lasting effect on its victims.
- 1 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 2 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 3 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 4 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 5 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Jailed: 7 north London offenders put behind bars in April
- 8 Report shows how much councils spend on electric vehicle chargers
- 9 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 10 ‘Hello, Wembley’: New stage launch kicks off summer of live music
“Residents can be assured that Brent Crime Squad will put the fear in to burglary offenders operating on this borough by maintaining surveillance on them and arresting them when they least expect it.”