Jailed: Harlesden burglar who left his blood at the scene in Edgware
- Credit: Archant
A bungling burglar from Harlesden who injured himself while breaking into a house was caught after he left drops of blood at the scene.
Jason Stephenson, 43, of Chadwick Road, was snared after he cut his leg while climbing through a window he had smashed to break into the property.
He fled before police arrived but was arrested nearby and tests carried out on the blood droplets showed they were his.
A sniffer dog found the loot at he had stashed away in the garden of the house which he planned to collect when the coast was clear.
He denied any wrongdoing but was jailed for four-and-half-years at Harrow Crown Court after being convicted of the burglary.
DC Adam Sharp, from Barnet Police, said: “This is a great result with a burglar being jailed for several years. The sentence handed down will ensure our communities are protected from further offending by Stephenson.
“We will continue to target those responsible for burglary across the borough.”
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 3 Man in stable condition following collision with a van in Neasden
- 4 Bid for amazing prizes to support Queen's Park and Kensal charities
- 5 Parents lobby for improved road safety on Harrow Road
- 6 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 7 The Curious Incident of the Dog in The Night-Time: 'An A star for richly textured drama'
- 8 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 9 'Shameful' former police officers jailed for sharing photos of murdered sisters
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns