Jailed: Harlesden burglar who left his blood at the scene in Edgware
- Credit: Archant
A bungling burglar from Harlesden who injured himself while breaking into a house was caught after he left drops of blood at the scene.
Jason Stephenson, 43, of Chadwick Road, was snared after he cut his leg while climbing through a window he had smashed to break into the property.
He fled before police arrived but was arrested nearby and tests carried out on the blood droplets showed they were his.
A sniffer dog found the loot at he had stashed away in the garden of the house which he planned to collect when the coast was clear.
He denied any wrongdoing but was jailed for four-and-half-years at Harrow Crown Court after being convicted of the burglary.
You may also want to watch:
DC Adam Sharp, from Barnet Police, said: “This is a great result with a burglar being jailed for several years. The sentence handed down will ensure our communities are protected from further offending by Stephenson.
“We will continue to target those responsible for burglary across the borough.”
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 3 Wealdstone thrashed by league leaders Hartlepool United
- 4 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 5 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 6 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 7 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 8 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 9 Warburton: Dieng played on with broken nose before red card
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids