Jailed: Harlesden burglar who left his blood at the scene in Edgware
- Credit: Archant
A bungling burglar from Harlesden who injured himself while breaking into a house was caught after he left drops of blood at the scene.
Jason Stephenson, 43, of Chadwick Road, was snared after he cut his leg while climbing through a window he had smashed to break into the property.
He fled before police arrived but was arrested nearby and tests carried out on the blood droplets showed they were his.
A sniffer dog found the loot at he had stashed away in the garden of the house which he planned to collect when the coast was clear.
He denied any wrongdoing but was jailed for four-and-half-years at Harrow Crown Court after being convicted of the burglary.
You may also want to watch:
DC Adam Sharp, from Barnet Police, said: “This is a great result with a burglar being jailed for several years. The sentence handed down will ensure our communities are protected from further offending by Stephenson.
“We will continue to target those responsible for burglary across the borough.”
- 1 Loaded shotgun seized in Harlesden as police crack down on gang activity
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 4 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 5 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 6 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 7 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 8 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 9 Residents oppose plans for a third slot machine 'casino' in Harlesden
- 10 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants