Jailed: Colindale man who kicked, spat on and racially abused a police officer
- Credit: Archant
A Colindale man who kicked, spat on and hurled racist abuse at a police officer who was arresting him has been jailed.
Grant Edwards, of The Concourse, attacked the officer who had been called to a disturbance in New Southgate, in the early hours of October 2.
Willesden Magistrates’ Court heard the 49-year-old kicked the officer in the knee and spat on him.
While he was being restrained and handcuffed he racially abused the same officer.
Last week he admitted racial abuse and assault on a police officer and was jailed for eight weeks.
PC Elaine Jackson, investigating officer, said: “The sentence is a warning to others that police take racial abuse seriously whether it is aimed at members of the public or police officers.”
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 3 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 4 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 5 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 6 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 7 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 8 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 9 'A national shame': Damning review of Euro 2020 final chaos
- 10 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting