Jailed: Colindale man who kicked, spat on and racially abused a police officer
- Credit: Archant
A Colindale man who kicked, spat on and hurled racist abuse at a police officer who was arresting him has been jailed.
Grant Edwards, of The Concourse, attacked the officer who had been called to a disturbance in New Southgate, in the early hours of October 2.
Willesden Magistrates’ Court heard the 49-year-old kicked the officer in the knee and spat on him.
While he was being restrained and handcuffed he racially abused the same officer.
Last week he admitted racial abuse and assault on a police officer and was jailed for eight weeks.
You may also want to watch:
PC Elaine Jackson, investigating officer, said: “The sentence is a warning to others that police take racial abuse seriously whether it is aimed at members of the public or police officers.”
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Stefan Johansen completes QPR switch from Fulham
- 4 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 7 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 10 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley