Jailed: Colindale man who kicked, spat on and racially abused a police officer
- Credit: Archant
A Colindale man who kicked, spat on and hurled racist abuse at a police officer who was arresting him has been jailed.
Grant Edwards, of The Concourse, attacked the officer who had been called to a disturbance in New Southgate, in the early hours of October 2.
Willesden Magistrates’ Court heard the 49-year-old kicked the officer in the knee and spat on him.
While he was being restrained and handcuffed he racially abused the same officer.
Last week he admitted racial abuse and assault on a police officer and was jailed for eight weeks.
You may also want to watch:
PC Elaine Jackson, investigating officer, said: “The sentence is a warning to others that police take racial abuse seriously whether it is aimed at members of the public or police officers.”
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 3 Wealdstone thrashed by league leaders Hartlepool United
- 4 Warburton: Dieng played on with broken nose before red card
- 5 QPR move into top 10 with win at Middlesbrough despite Dieng dismissal
- 6 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 7 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 8 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 9 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 10 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden