Jailed: Barnet night burglars and moped thieves caught by Brent Police
- Credit: Archant
Three night burglars and moped thieves have been jailed after they were snared by detectives from Brent Police.
Ashley Claircin, 23, Darren Arnold, 19, and 24-year-old David Doyle, 24, all from Barnet, carried out four burglaries last year.
Homes in Hamilton Road, Normanby Road, both in Dollis Hill, Chudleigh Road in Brondesbury and a fourth address in Barnet.
After the trio came to the attentions of investigating officers in Brent a covert, surveillance operation was launched which indentified all three suspects.
Doyle was arrested as he was trying to flee the scene of a burglary on a stolen moped.
You may also want to watch:
Claircin and Arnold were arrested separately.
At Harrow Crown Court, Doyle admitted two residential burglaries and was jailed for three years.
- 1 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 2 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 3 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
- 6 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding
- 7 Dykes double helps QPR defeat Sheffield Wednesday
- 8 Two 17-year-old boys shot and stabbed in Kingsbury
- 9 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 10 Lessons from the Covid pandemic: we need a revolution!
Claircin and Arnold had denied any wrongdoing but were found guilty by a jury.
Claircin was convicted of two counts of residential burglary, two counts of theft of motor vehicles, two counts of handling stolen vehicles, dangerous driving and driving whilst disqualified on a moped.
He was jailed for four years and three months.
Arnold was sentenced to nine months in jail after being found guilty of two counts of handling mopeds, both of which had false stolen number plates.
Detective Sergeant Dave Abbott, from Brent Police, said: “The Met is committed to detecting, disrupting and arresting those involved in all crime, including moped and motorcycle enabled crime, as demonstrated by our thorough and robust investigation, which left no stone unturned in catching and bringing to justice these offenders.
“This was an excellent result, which has seen unscrupulous people who committed audacious burglaries receive lengthy jail time.”