Jailed: Barnet night burglars and moped thieves caught by Brent Police
- Credit: Archant
Three night burglars and moped thieves have been jailed after they were snared by detectives from Brent Police.
Ashley Claircin, 23, Darren Arnold, 19, and 24-year-old David Doyle, 24, all from Barnet, carried out four burglaries last year.
Homes in Hamilton Road, Normanby Road, both in Dollis Hill, Chudleigh Road in Brondesbury and a fourth address in Barnet.
After the trio came to the attentions of investigating officers in Brent a covert, surveillance operation was launched which indentified all three suspects.
Doyle was arrested as he was trying to flee the scene of a burglary on a stolen moped.
You may also want to watch:
Claircin and Arnold were arrested separately.
At Harrow Crown Court, Doyle admitted two residential burglaries and was jailed for three years.
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 3 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 4 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 7 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 8 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 9 Man charged with Colindale murder
- 10 Four men connected to Craig Small's death in Wembley to appear for trial next year
Claircin and Arnold had denied any wrongdoing but were found guilty by a jury.
Claircin was convicted of two counts of residential burglary, two counts of theft of motor vehicles, two counts of handling stolen vehicles, dangerous driving and driving whilst disqualified on a moped.
He was jailed for four years and three months.
Arnold was sentenced to nine months in jail after being found guilty of two counts of handling mopeds, both of which had false stolen number plates.
Detective Sergeant Dave Abbott, from Brent Police, said: “The Met is committed to detecting, disrupting and arresting those involved in all crime, including moped and motorcycle enabled crime, as demonstrated by our thorough and robust investigation, which left no stone unturned in catching and bringing to justice these offenders.
“This was an excellent result, which has seen unscrupulous people who committed audacious burglaries receive lengthy jail time.”