Jail for Kenton drug dealer who stored cannabis in fake cola bottles
- Credit: Archant
A drug dealer from Kenton who hid his stash in a fake cola bottle has been jailed and had his ill-gotten gains seized.
Tanvir Singh Osahan, 26, of Kenton Road, was caught with nine wraps of cannabis concealed in the drinks container by officers who had stooped and searched him in Wembley in response to complaints of drug dealing in the area.
Police had initially believed the bottle was genuine but became suspicious due to its heavy weight so examined it closer.
Osahan was arrested and a search of his home uncovered three ‘stash’ bottles, made from various types of containers, all containing wraps of cannabis in identical packaging.
A total of 27 wraps of cannabis and £1,700 hidden under his bed was seized.
You may also want to watch:
An examination of his mobile phone discovered he had been drugs dealing in the Kingsbury area too.
Yesterday at harrow Crown Court he admitted possession with intent to supply drugs and was jailed for a year.
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 3 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 4 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 5 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 6 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 7 Disabled Wembley cyclist calls for more inclusivity on Brent's roads
- 8 Tributes paid to Queen's Park charity worker who died after contracting Covid
- 9 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 10 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
The cash found at him home was confiscated under the Proceeds of Crime Act.
DC Paul Connelly, from Brent Police, said: “Osahan thought he had the perfect hiding place for his drugs, but when he was stopped and searched it became very clear to us that there was something not quite right with the bottle.
“Let this be a lesson to other drug dealers, that however and wherever you try conceal your drugs we are on to you and we will take all steps necessary to seize your money and assets obtained through crime.”