Jail for Kenton drug dealer who stored cannabis in fake cola bottles
- Credit: Archant
A drug dealer from Kenton who hid his stash in a fake cola bottle has been jailed and had his ill-gotten gains seized.
Tanvir Singh Osahan, 26, of Kenton Road, was caught with nine wraps of cannabis concealed in the drinks container by officers who had stooped and searched him in Wembley in response to complaints of drug dealing in the area.
Police had initially believed the bottle was genuine but became suspicious due to its heavy weight so examined it closer.
Osahan was arrested and a search of his home uncovered three ‘stash’ bottles, made from various types of containers, all containing wraps of cannabis in identical packaging.
A total of 27 wraps of cannabis and £1,700 hidden under his bed was seized.
An examination of his mobile phone discovered he had been drugs dealing in the Kingsbury area too.
Yesterday at harrow Crown Court he admitted possession with intent to supply drugs and was jailed for a year.
- 1 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 2 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 3 Call for investment in 'joke' Harlesden park
- 4 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 5 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 6 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 7 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 8 Labour accused of 'power grab' move over committee appointments
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Jailed: 7 north London offenders put behind bars in April
The cash found at him home was confiscated under the Proceeds of Crime Act.
DC Paul Connelly, from Brent Police, said: “Osahan thought he had the perfect hiding place for his drugs, but when he was stopped and searched it became very clear to us that there was something not quite right with the bottle.
“Let this be a lesson to other drug dealers, that however and wherever you try conceal your drugs we are on to you and we will take all steps necessary to seize your money and assets obtained through crime.”