Jail for Kenton drug dealer who stored cannabis in fake cola bottles
- Credit: Archant
A drug dealer from Kenton who hid his stash in a fake cola bottle has been jailed and had his ill-gotten gains seized.
Tanvir Singh Osahan, 26, of Kenton Road, was caught with nine wraps of cannabis concealed in the drinks container by officers who had stooped and searched him in Wembley in response to complaints of drug dealing in the area.
Police had initially believed the bottle was genuine but became suspicious due to its heavy weight so examined it closer.
Osahan was arrested and a search of his home uncovered three ‘stash’ bottles, made from various types of containers, all containing wraps of cannabis in identical packaging.
A total of 27 wraps of cannabis and £1,700 hidden under his bed was seized.
You may also want to watch:
An examination of his mobile phone discovered he had been drugs dealing in the Kingsbury area too.
Yesterday at harrow Crown Court he admitted possession with intent to supply drugs and was jailed for a year.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Residents priced out the area they grew up in
- 7 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 8 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 9 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 10 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
The cash found at him home was confiscated under the Proceeds of Crime Act.
DC Paul Connelly, from Brent Police, said: “Osahan thought he had the perfect hiding place for his drugs, but when he was stopped and searched it became very clear to us that there was something not quite right with the bottle.
“Let this be a lesson to other drug dealers, that however and wherever you try conceal your drugs we are on to you and we will take all steps necessary to seize your money and assets obtained through crime.”