Homeless man jailed for stealing cigarettes
- Credit: Archant
A homeless man has been jailed for six months after stealing cigarettes from a pub in Harlesden.
Clive Howe, 34, was captured on CCTV forcing entry into the pub in Acton Lane where he stole 15 packets of cigarettes worth £250 on August 29.
On September 12, he was arrested in Nicoll Road, Harlesden after police found him in possession of a hammer and gloves.
Howe pleaded guilty to burglary and going equipped to steel at Harrow Crown Court on Monday, (23).
DS David Abbott, who led the investigation, said: “Clive Howe is a career burglar who commits burglary offences to feed his drug habit.
You may also want to watch:
“Local residents can be assured that Brent Crime Squad will put fear in to burglary offenders operating in this borough by maintaining pro-active operations on them and arresting them when they least expect it.”
- 1 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 2 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 3 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 4 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 5 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 6 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 7 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 8 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 9 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
- 10 Stabbed 7-year-old girl meets police officers who saved her life