Homeless man jailed for stealing cigarettes
- Credit: Archant
A homeless man has been jailed for six months after stealing cigarettes from a pub in Harlesden.
Clive Howe, 34, was captured on CCTV forcing entry into the pub in Acton Lane where he stole 15 packets of cigarettes worth £250 on August 29.
On September 12, he was arrested in Nicoll Road, Harlesden after police found him in possession of a hammer and gloves.
Howe pleaded guilty to burglary and going equipped to steel at Harrow Crown Court on Monday, (23).
DS David Abbott, who led the investigation, said: “Clive Howe is a career burglar who commits burglary offences to feed his drug habit.
You may also want to watch:
“Local residents can be assured that Brent Crime Squad will put fear in to burglary offenders operating in this borough by maintaining pro-active operations on them and arresting them when they least expect it.”
- 1 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 2 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 3 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 4 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 5 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Neasden foodbank launches £60,000 fundraising appeal
- 8 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 9 'His confidence is high': QPR boss Warburton backs Lyndon Dykes
- 10 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12