Police appeal after ‘shameful’ hit and run driver on A406 leaves female motorist injured
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched an investigation after a “shameless” driver ran from a hit and run on the A406.
Emergency services were called to A406 Long Lane just before 3am yesterday (May 31) to reports of a road traffic collision.
The driver of an Audi S3 was driving down the wrong side and collided with another car, also an Audi.
The male motorist ran from the scene before police arrived.
The driver of the second vehicle, a woman in her 40s, was treated by LAS paramedics before being taken to hospital, Scotland Yard said.
You may also want to watch:
Her condition has been assessed as non life-threatening.
@SuptAndyCox said on Twitter that the “driver shamelessly ran from scene failing to stop.”
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 3 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 4 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
He added: “Full investigation will be undertaken in the hope we can bring the driver to justice. #RoadSafety #London.”
Report via 101 or email VisionZero@met.police.uk.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111