Hire Mire: ‘Predatory’ Brent private hire driver jailed for sexual assaults on female passengers
- Credit: Archant
A “predatory” private hire driver from Brent has been jailed for two years over a series of sexual assaults on lone women in his car.
Hire Mire, 51, was convicted of three counts of sexual assault by touching at Wood Green Crown Court. The assaults took place in Hackney, Buckinhamshire and Surrey in September 2017.
In a previous trial in April this year the man – who lives in The Mall, Kingsbury – was convicted of public order offences in after making two separate women feel vulnerable and intimidated in his cab.
Siwan Hayward, TfL’s policing chief, said: “I commend the passengers for coming forward and reporting the series of predatory incidents, and working with the Police to secure this conviction.
“We take all allegations against licensed taxi and private hire drivers extremely seriously.”
You may also want to watch:
Mire has also been placed on the sexual offenders register for 10 years and banned from being a private hire or taxi driver.
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 3 Woman killed after collision with alleged drunk driver in Kenton
- 4 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 5 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 6 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 7 QPR eager to start climbing the table when they face Derby
- 8 Warburton praises QPR character in win at Cardiff
- 9 Willock earns QPR win in Wales
- 10 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site