Hire Mire: ‘Predatory’ Brent private hire driver jailed for sexual assaults on female passengers
- Credit: Archant
A “predatory” private hire driver from Brent has been jailed for two years over a series of sexual assaults on lone women in his car.
Hire Mire, 51, was convicted of three counts of sexual assault by touching at Wood Green Crown Court. The assaults took place in Hackney, Buckinhamshire and Surrey in September 2017.
In a previous trial in April this year the man – who lives in The Mall, Kingsbury – was convicted of public order offences in after making two separate women feel vulnerable and intimidated in his cab.
Siwan Hayward, TfL’s policing chief, said: “I commend the passengers for coming forward and reporting the series of predatory incidents, and working with the Police to secure this conviction.
“We take all allegations against licensed taxi and private hire drivers extremely seriously.”
You may also want to watch:
Mire has also been placed on the sexual offenders register for 10 years and banned from being a private hire or taxi driver.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 4 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 7 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 8 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'