Hire Mire: ‘Predatory’ Brent private hire driver jailed for sexual assaults on female passengers
- Credit: Archant
A “predatory” private hire driver from Brent has been jailed for two years over a series of sexual assaults on lone women in his car.
Hire Mire, 51, was convicted of three counts of sexual assault by touching at Wood Green Crown Court. The assaults took place in Hackney, Buckinhamshire and Surrey in September 2017.
In a previous trial in April this year the man – who lives in The Mall, Kingsbury – was convicted of public order offences in after making two separate women feel vulnerable and intimidated in his cab.
Siwan Hayward, TfL’s policing chief, said: “I commend the passengers for coming forward and reporting the series of predatory incidents, and working with the Police to secure this conviction.
“We take all allegations against licensed taxi and private hire drivers extremely seriously.”
You may also want to watch:
Mire has also been placed on the sexual offenders register for 10 years and banned from being a private hire or taxi driver.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 3 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 4 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 5 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 6 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 7 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 8 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 9 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 10 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens