Hire Mire: ‘Predatory’ Brent private hire driver jailed for sexual assaults on female passengers
- Credit: Archant
A “predatory” private hire driver from Brent has been jailed for two years over a series of sexual assaults on lone women in his car.
Hire Mire, 51, was convicted of three counts of sexual assault by touching at Wood Green Crown Court. The assaults took place in Hackney, Buckinhamshire and Surrey in September 2017.
In a previous trial in April this year the man – who lives in The Mall, Kingsbury – was convicted of public order offences in after making two separate women feel vulnerable and intimidated in his cab.
Siwan Hayward, TfL’s policing chief, said: “I commend the passengers for coming forward and reporting the series of predatory incidents, and working with the Police to secure this conviction.
“We take all allegations against licensed taxi and private hire drivers extremely seriously.”
You may also want to watch:
Mire has also been placed on the sexual offenders register for 10 years and banned from being a private hire or taxi driver.
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 4 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 7 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 10 Community vegetable patch in Kilburn under threat