Harlesden Road terror arrests: Detention of women extended for up to 7 days
- Credit: Archant
Police have extended the detention period for several terror suspects following dramatic arrests in Willesden and across the South East.
A woman was shot during the raid in Harlesden Road on Thursday last week as she was arrested alongside two men, a boy and another woman.
The males have been released without charge but the woman who was shot, aged 21, will be held for up to a further seven days after Westminster Magistrates’ Court granted a new warrant today.
Another five women have also had their detention periods extended.
They include a 43-year-old arrested in Kent on April 27, two 18-year-olds arrested on May 1 in East London, a 19-year-old arrested on May 1 in East London and a 20-year-old arrested on April 27 in Harlesden Road.
You may also want to watch:
All were arrested on suspicion of the commission, preparation or instigation of terrorist acts and detained under section 41 of the Terrorism Act 2000.
Officers have now completed the searches of all the addresses connected with the arrests.
- 1 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 2 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 3 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 4 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 5 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 6 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 7 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 8 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 9 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 10 Hope for the Welsh Harp