Harlesden Road terror arrests: Detention of women extended for up to 7 days
- Credit: Archant
Police have extended the detention period for several terror suspects following dramatic arrests in Willesden and across the South East.
A woman was shot during the raid in Harlesden Road on Thursday last week as she was arrested alongside two men, a boy and another woman.
The males have been released without charge but the woman who was shot, aged 21, will be held for up to a further seven days after Westminster Magistrates’ Court granted a new warrant today.
Another five women have also had their detention periods extended.
They include a 43-year-old arrested in Kent on April 27, two 18-year-olds arrested on May 1 in East London, a 19-year-old arrested on May 1 in East London and a 20-year-old arrested on April 27 in Harlesden Road.
You may also want to watch:
All were arrested on suspicion of the commission, preparation or instigation of terrorist acts and detained under section 41 of the Terrorism Act 2000.
Officers have now completed the searches of all the addresses connected with the arrests.
- 1 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 2 Teenager who murdered beloved sisters in Kingsbury park jailed for life
- 3 Review: Masalchi street food restaurant in Wembley Park
- 4 Brent's community lead offers condolences to murdered sisters' families
- 5 Halloween: Squid Game in Wembley Park (minus bloodshed)
- 6 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 7 Covid: Northwick Park Hospital in need of booster vaccine volunteers
- 8 Mother of murdered sisters pledges jailed teenage killer 'will not be let out'
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million