Harlesden murder: Teenager was chased by two men before he was stabbed
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the murder of a teenager in Harlesden are appealing for potential witnesses who may have seen him being chased to come forward.
The 18-year-old, who has been named as David Alexander Headlam from Willesden, died after he was stabbed in the thigh in Drayton Road, on Sunday at around 1.10am. He was approached by two black men wearing hoodies in Park Parade and chased down Sellons Avenue and into Drayton Road where he was stabbed.
The two suspects fled the scene in a car.
Detectives are keeping an open mind about the motive but are not linking it to a stabbing in Harlesden High Street the day before.
They also believe a shooting in a nearby nightclub in Park Royal two hours later is not connected to the murder.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are keen to speak to any witnesses to the chase or attack or anyone who may any other information.
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 0208 358 0100 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 3 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 4 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 5 Dykes strikes late as QPR down Swansea
- 6 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 7 QPR motivated by 'nothing to play for' talk says Warburton
- 8 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 9 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
Did you know Mr Headlam and would like to pay tribute? Call the news desk on 0207 433 6228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.