Harlesden man due in court accused of Little Venice suitcase murder
- Credit: Archant
A man from Harlesden is due in court this morning charged with the murder of his partner whose body was found in Little Venice.
Thomasz Kocik, 38, of Buckingham Road, will appear at the Old Bailey accused of killing 23-year-old Marta Ligman, of the same address.
The body of Ms Ligman, a Polish national who worked as a cashier in a delicatessen near her home, was found in a suitcase in the Grand Union Canal on Sunday afternoon.
Kocik, who was arrested on Monday, appeared before Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday where he was remanded to appear at the Old Bailey today.
Two other man aged 30 and 34 who were arrested with him have been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are appealing for any witnesses or anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020 8785 8244 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police appeal to find missing 12-year-old boy
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 4 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 5 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 6 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 7 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 8 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park