Harlesden man due in court accused of Little Venice suitcase murder
- Credit: Archant
A man from Harlesden is due in court this morning charged with the murder of his partner whose body was found in Little Venice.
Thomasz Kocik, 38, of Buckingham Road, will appear at the Old Bailey accused of killing 23-year-old Marta Ligman, of the same address.
The body of Ms Ligman, a Polish national who worked as a cashier in a delicatessen near her home, was found in a suitcase in the Grand Union Canal on Sunday afternoon.
Kocik, who was arrested on Monday, appeared before Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday where he was remanded to appear at the Old Bailey today.
Two other man aged 30 and 34 who were arrested with him have been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are appealing for any witnesses or anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020 8785 8244 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 2 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 3 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 4 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 5 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 6 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 7 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 8 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 9 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 10 Hope for the Welsh Harp