Harlesden man due in court accused of Little Venice suitcase murder
- Credit: Archant
A man from Harlesden is due in court this morning charged with the murder of his partner whose body was found in Little Venice.
Thomasz Kocik, 38, of Buckingham Road, will appear at the Old Bailey accused of killing 23-year-old Marta Ligman, of the same address.
The body of Ms Ligman, a Polish national who worked as a cashier in a delicatessen near her home, was found in a suitcase in the Grand Union Canal on Sunday afternoon.
Kocik, who was arrested on Monday, appeared before Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday where he was remanded to appear at the Old Bailey today.
Two other man aged 30 and 34 who were arrested with him have been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are appealing for any witnesses or anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020 8785 8244 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 9 Dawn Butler calls for MP security 'overhaul' after death of David Amess
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed