Harlesden man denies Little Venice suitcase canal murder
- Credit: Archant
A man from Harlesden denied the ‘body in a suitcase’ murder of his girlfriend when he appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Tomasz Kocik, 38, of Buckingham Road, allegedly killed 23-year-old Marta Ligman and dumped her in the Grand Union Canal in Little Venice.
The black case was spotted by a member of the public near Delamere Terrace on May 10 at around 2.30pm.
It is thought Miss Ligman, who worked in a Polish delicatessen and lived with Kocik, had been dead for up to two weeks.
Kocik appeared in the dock wearing a grey prison-issue tracksuit.
You may also want to watch:
He spoke, with the aid of a Polish interpreter, only to confirm his name and enter a not guilty plea to the murder of Miss Ligman between 28 April and 10 May this year.
Kocik was remanded in custody by the Recorder of London, judge Nicholas Hilliard QC.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 'Cowardly' government accused by Brent MP of siding with 'bad bosses'
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
He faces a three-week trial on October 12.