Harlesden man denies Little Venice suitcase canal murder
- Credit: Archant
A man from Harlesden denied the ‘body in a suitcase’ murder of his girlfriend when he appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Tomasz Kocik, 38, of Buckingham Road, allegedly killed 23-year-old Marta Ligman and dumped her in the Grand Union Canal in Little Venice.
The black case was spotted by a member of the public near Delamere Terrace on May 10 at around 2.30pm.
It is thought Miss Ligman, who worked in a Polish delicatessen and lived with Kocik, had been dead for up to two weeks.
Kocik appeared in the dock wearing a grey prison-issue tracksuit.
You may also want to watch:
He spoke, with the aid of a Polish interpreter, only to confirm his name and enter a not guilty plea to the murder of Miss Ligman between 28 April and 10 May this year.
Kocik was remanded in custody by the Recorder of London, judge Nicholas Hilliard QC.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods
He faces a three-week trial on October 12.