Harlesden man denies Little Venice suitcase canal murder
- Credit: Archant
A man from Harlesden denied the ‘body in a suitcase’ murder of his girlfriend when he appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Tomasz Kocik, 38, of Buckingham Road, allegedly killed 23-year-old Marta Ligman and dumped her in the Grand Union Canal in Little Venice.
The black case was spotted by a member of the public near Delamere Terrace on May 10 at around 2.30pm.
It is thought Miss Ligman, who worked in a Polish delicatessen and lived with Kocik, had been dead for up to two weeks.
Kocik appeared in the dock wearing a grey prison-issue tracksuit.
You may also want to watch:
He spoke, with the aid of a Polish interpreter, only to confirm his name and enter a not guilty plea to the murder of Miss Ligman between 28 April and 10 May this year.
Kocik was remanded in custody by the Recorder of London, judge Nicholas Hilliard QC.
- 1 Indian Covid variant found in Brent
- 2 Man arrested and knife found after police chase through Willesden Green
- 3 A full-time dedicated Euros Policing Team will police Wembley Stadium
- 4 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 5 Three men arrested and gun seized after Neasden car stop
- 6 Parents 'not consulted' on restructuring of Brondesbury Park primary school
- 7 Man shot multiple times in Dudden Hill remains in stable condition
- 8 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 9 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 10 Person dies after being 'injured by a train' at Wembley station
He faces a three-week trial on October 12.