Harlesden man charged with Grand Union Canal suitcase murder
- Credit: PA WIRE
A man from Harlesden has been charged with the murder of a woman whose body was found in a suitcase in the Grand Union Canal in Little Venice.
Thomasz Kocik, 38, of Buckingham Road, will appear at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court this morning accused of killing 23-year-old Marta Ligman of the same address.
The body of the Polish national was found in a black suitcase in the canal on Sunday afternoon.
A post mortem failed to ascertain the cause of her death and further tests will be undertaken.
Kocik was arrested alongside two other man aged 30 and 34 on Monday.
They have been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.
Detectives are appealing for witnesses to come forward.
- 1 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 2 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 3 Harlesden shop fire 'caused by barbecue'
- 4 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 5 Complaints of 'chaos' after Harry Styles' Wembley gigs
- 6 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 7 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 8 Injured moped driver appeal after Dollis Hill collision
- 9 Man dies following 'medical episode' in Harlesden
- 10 Jailed: Kilburn man linked to 8 knifepoint robberies in St John's Wood area
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8785 8244 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.