Harlesden man charged with Grand Union Canal suitcase murder
- Credit: PA WIRE
A man from Harlesden has been charged with the murder of a woman whose body was found in a suitcase in the Grand Union Canal in Little Venice.
Thomasz Kocik, 38, of Buckingham Road, will appear at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court this morning accused of killing 23-year-old Marta Ligman of the same address.
The body of the Polish national was found in a black suitcase in the canal on Sunday afternoon.
A post mortem failed to ascertain the cause of her death and further tests will be undertaken.
Kocik was arrested alongside two other man aged 30 and 34 on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
They have been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.
Detectives are appealing for witnesses to come forward.
- 1 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 2 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 3 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 6 Brent's parks and gardens are big winners of London in Bloom awards
- 7 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 8 QPR boss Warburton 'stunned' by Carabao Cup exit
- 9 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 10 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8785 8244 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.