Harlesden man charged with Grand Union Canal suitcase murder
- Credit: PA WIRE
A man from Harlesden has been charged with the murder of a woman whose body was found in a suitcase in the Grand Union Canal in Little Venice.
Thomasz Kocik, 38, of Buckingham Road, will appear at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court this morning accused of killing 23-year-old Marta Ligman of the same address.
The body of the Polish national was found in a black suitcase in the canal on Sunday afternoon.
A post mortem failed to ascertain the cause of her death and further tests will be undertaken.
Kocik was arrested alongside two other man aged 30 and 34 on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
They have been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.
Detectives are appealing for witnesses to come forward.
- 1 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 2 Raheem Sterling sends good luck message ahead of Wembley Super League
- 3 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 4 New Italian restaurant licence in Kensal Green approved
- 5 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 6 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 7 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 8 Litter crusader launches mission to clean up Wembley
- 9 Cancer Black Care saved from closure with new funding
- 10 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8785 8244 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.