Harlesden man charged with Grand Union Canal suitcase murder
- Credit: PA WIRE
A man from Harlesden has been charged with the murder of a woman whose body was found in a suitcase in the Grand Union Canal in Little Venice.
Thomasz Kocik, 38, of Buckingham Road, will appear at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court this morning accused of killing 23-year-old Marta Ligman of the same address.
The body of the Polish national was found in a black suitcase in the canal on Sunday afternoon.
A post mortem failed to ascertain the cause of her death and further tests will be undertaken.
Kocik was arrested alongside two other man aged 30 and 34 on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
They have been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.
Detectives are appealing for witnesses to come forward.
- 1 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 2 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 3 QPR boss Warburton pleased with performance in Leicester draw
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 6 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 10 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8785 8244 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.