Harlesden man charged with Grand Union Canal suitcase murder
- Credit: PA WIRE
A man from Harlesden has been charged with the murder of a woman whose body was found in a suitcase in the Grand Union Canal in Little Venice.
Thomasz Kocik, 38, of Buckingham Road, will appear at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court this morning accused of killing 23-year-old Marta Ligman of the same address.
The body of the Polish national was found in a black suitcase in the canal on Sunday afternoon.
A post mortem failed to ascertain the cause of her death and further tests will be undertaken.
Kocik was arrested alongside two other man aged 30 and 34 on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
They have been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.
Detectives are appealing for witnesses to come forward.
- 1 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 2 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 3 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 4 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 5 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 6 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 7 Interactive Harlesden exhibition aims to make art more accessible
- 8 Wealdstone boss Brennan dubbed Gloucester City a 'very ambitious' club
- 9 QPR have match postponed at home to Wycombe due to Covid-19 precautions
- 10 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8785 8244 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.