Harlesden man appears in court charged with Little Venice canal murder
- Credit: Archant
A man from Harlesden has appeared in court this morning charged with the murder of a woman whose body was found in a suitcase in the Grand Union Canal in Little Venice.
Thomasz Kocik, 38, of Buckingham Road, is accused of killing 23-year-old Marta Ligman, 23, a Polish national, of the same address.
Ms Ligman’s body was found in the black suitcase in the canal on Sunday afternoon.
A post mortem failed to ascertain how she died and further tests will take place in due course.
Kocik, who was arrested on Monday, appeared before Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court where he was remanded to appear at the Old Bailey on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
Two other man aged 30 and 34 who were arrested with him have been bailed to return to a police station at a later dat.
Detectives are appealing for any witnesses or anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020 8785 8244 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Raheem Sterling sends good luck message ahead of Wembley Super League
- 3 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 4 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 5 New Italian restaurant licence in Kensal Green approved
- 6 Cancer Black Care saved from closure with new funding
- 7 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 8 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 9 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids