Harlesden man appears in court charged with Little Venice canal murder
- Credit: Archant
A man from Harlesden has appeared in court this morning charged with the murder of a woman whose body was found in a suitcase in the Grand Union Canal in Little Venice.
Thomasz Kocik, 38, of Buckingham Road, is accused of killing 23-year-old Marta Ligman, 23, a Polish national, of the same address.
Ms Ligman’s body was found in the black suitcase in the canal on Sunday afternoon.
A post mortem failed to ascertain how she died and further tests will take place in due course.
Kocik, who was arrested on Monday, appeared before Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court where he was remanded to appear at the Old Bailey on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
Two other man aged 30 and 34 who were arrested with him have been bailed to return to a police station at a later dat.
Detectives are appealing for any witnesses or anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020 8785 8244 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 2 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 3 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 4 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 5 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 6 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 7 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 8 MP Dawn Butler: Support available to get through lockdown
- 9 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 10 Dozens 'found breaching Covid restrictions' at shisha cafe