Harlesden man appears in court charged with Little Venice canal murder
- Credit: Archant
A man from Harlesden has appeared in court this morning charged with the murder of a woman whose body was found in a suitcase in the Grand Union Canal in Little Venice.
Thomasz Kocik, 38, of Buckingham Road, is accused of killing 23-year-old Marta Ligman, 23, a Polish national, of the same address.
Ms Ligman’s body was found in the black suitcase in the canal on Sunday afternoon.
A post mortem failed to ascertain how she died and further tests will take place in due course.
Kocik, who was arrested on Monday, appeared before Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court where he was remanded to appear at the Old Bailey on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
Two other man aged 30 and 34 who were arrested with him have been bailed to return to a police station at a later dat.
Detectives are appealing for any witnesses or anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020 8785 8244 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 New QPR signing Stefan Johansen wants to push for promotion
- 3 Stefan Johansen completes QPR switch from Fulham
- 4 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 7 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley