Harlesden man appears in court charged with Little Venice canal murder
- Credit: Archant
A man from Harlesden has appeared in court this morning charged with the murder of a woman whose body was found in a suitcase in the Grand Union Canal in Little Venice.
Thomasz Kocik, 38, of Buckingham Road, is accused of killing 23-year-old Marta Ligman, 23, a Polish national, of the same address.
Ms Ligman’s body was found in the black suitcase in the canal on Sunday afternoon.
A post mortem failed to ascertain how she died and further tests will take place in due course.
Kocik, who was arrested on Monday, appeared before Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court where he was remanded to appear at the Old Bailey on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
Two other man aged 30 and 34 who were arrested with him have been bailed to return to a police station at a later dat.
Detectives are appealing for any witnesses or anyone with information to contact the incident room on 020 8785 8244 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 3 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 6 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 7 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 8 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 9 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer