Harlesden drug addict behind 35 house burglaries in Brent is jailed
- Credit: Archant
Jefferson Joseph, 40, carried out a string of break-ins between October 2012 and January this year
A habitual burglar believed to have carried out at least 35 house break-ins in Brent in three months to feed his drug habit has been jailed.
Jefferson Joseph, of Burns Road, Harlesden, is thought to have been behind a string of burglaries between October last year and this January before he was caught during an undercover operation.
Harrow Crown Court heard the 40-year-old was placed under covert surveillance by Brent Police when he was spotted leaving his home and jumping into car in January this year.
The vehicle was stopped and when he was searched a piece of shaped plastic - commonly used to “slip” front door locks was found hidden in a sleeve.
You may also want to watch:
A knife and a pair of gloves were also found in the car and he was arrested for going equipped to commit burglary and residential burglary.
Joseph, who pleaded guilty, asked police for a further 35 offences of residential burglary be taken in to consideration.
- 1 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 4 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 5 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 6 QPR boss Warburton excited for competitive football to return with fans
- 7 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 8 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 9 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 10 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
He was jailed for four years.
PC Pedro Alonso, investigating said: “Joseph is a career burglar. He has previously served terms of imprisonment for burglary offences and commits burglary offences to feed his drug habit.
“Local residents can be assured that Brent Crime Squad will put the fear in to burglary offenders operating on this borough by maintaining surveillance on them and arresting them when they least expect it.”