Harlesden barber shop killing: Man questioned after fatal stabbing of rapper Skeng
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested following the fatal stabbing of the rapper Skeng in Cutz hair salon in Harlesden.
A Met Police spokesman said the man, aged 33, was in custody at a north London police station after being arrested on Monday.
The victim has been formally identified at the rapper Skeng, 34, whose real name is Crispin Siddon and who lived in Finsbury Park.
As reported in the Brent&Kilburn Times, the record company director was stabbed after being followed into Cutz, in Craven Park Road, Harlesden, at around 2pm on Friday.
He then stumbled towards the Central Middlesex Hospital but never reached his destination and was pronounced dead in a road near the hospital at around 3.20pm by paramedics.
A cordon was set up on the surrounding streets and traffic was being diverted while police officers scoured the scene, near Harlesden Library, on Friday afternoon.
Trang Vo, whose uncle owns California Nail Fashions, next door to Cutz where the incident happened, said: “I saw 20 to 40 police surrounding here, with cars and vehicles. We are really sad to hear someone died in the barber shop.”
- 1 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 2 Brent scheme helping people with disabilities after Covid
- 3 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 4 Four adults and child rescued from roof as blaze destroys flat
- 5 'Grandfather of Kensal Rise': Barber Gee Artrey dies at 86
- 6 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 7 North London road and rail disruptions in the week ahead
- 8 Girl, 14, sexually assaulted on Tube by man who asked for her Snapchat
- 9 London to Hong Kong to Selfridges: Couple’s snack brand journey
- 10 Guilty: North London criminals jailed in December 2021
A post-mortem examination has established cause of death to be a stab wound.
Mr Siddons family are being supported by family liaison officers.
Thousands have taken to social media to post tributes to Skeng, who was a director of record company GB Records London.
Det Ch Insp Matt Bonner, of the Homicide and Major Crime squad, said: “We remain keen to hear from anybody who may have been in or around Cutz Barbers Shop at 2pm and who may have seen a dispute between two men. If you have any information, please contact the incident room on 0208 358 0200.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0208 358 0200, via 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.