Harlesden barber shop killing: Man questioned after fatal stabbing of rapper Skeng
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested following the fatal stabbing of the rapper Skeng in Cutz hair salon in Harlesden.
A Met Police spokesman said the man, aged 33, was in custody at a north London police station after being arrested on Monday.
The victim has been formally identified at the rapper Skeng, 34, whose real name is Crispin Siddon and who lived in Finsbury Park.
As reported in the Brent&Kilburn Times, the record company director was stabbed after being followed into Cutz, in Craven Park Road, Harlesden, at around 2pm on Friday.
He then stumbled towards the Central Middlesex Hospital but never reached his destination and was pronounced dead in a road near the hospital at around 3.20pm by paramedics.
You may also want to watch:
A cordon was set up on the surrounding streets and traffic was being diverted while police officers scoured the scene, near Harlesden Library, on Friday afternoon.
Trang Vo, whose uncle owns California Nail Fashions, next door to Cutz where the incident happened, said: “I saw 20 to 40 police surrounding here, with cars and vehicles. We are really sad to hear someone died in the barber shop.”
- 1 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 6 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 7 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 8 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
- 9 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 10 Dawn Butler joins Harlesden primary school's Macmillan Coffee Morning
A post-mortem examination has established cause of death to be a stab wound.
Mr Siddons family are being supported by family liaison officers.
Thousands have taken to social media to post tributes to Skeng, who was a director of record company GB Records London.
Det Ch Insp Matt Bonner, of the Homicide and Major Crime squad, said: “We remain keen to hear from anybody who may have been in or around Cutz Barbers Shop at 2pm and who may have seen a dispute between two men. If you have any information, please contact the incident room on 0208 358 0200.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 0208 358 0200, via 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.