Hackney robber jailed for attacking elderly woman after storming her Willesden home
The 82-year-old’s cleaner and 22-year-old grandson were also subjected to violence
A violent robber who stormed an elderly woman’s home before attacking her and two other people has been jailed for 12 years.
Lenus Rosil, from Hackney, east London, was part of a trio who targeted the vulnerable 82-year-old in Willesden on September 26 last year.
After the 31-year-old, and two unknown men, forced their way into the victim’s home they pinned her arms behind her back and tied the hands and feet of her 48-year-old cleaner while threatening both women.
As the trio were ransacking the property in search of cash and jewellery the pensioner’s 22-year-old grandson returned home and was violently attacked by the trio as they tried to escape.
He was knocked unconscious and needed hospital treatment for head injuries.
The robbers fled with more than �5,000 worth of goods including items of sentimental value.
- 1 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 2 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 3 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 4 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 5 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 6 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 7 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 8 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 9 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
Rosil was arrested in his home town in November and subsequently charged.
He was sentenced yesterday (Monday) after he was found guilty of two robberies and assault at his trial in Harrow Crown Court last month.
Detective Constable Alison Hines from Brent Crime Squad said: “This was a sickening cowardly attack committed against victims that the defendant and his accomplices knew would not fight back.
“The motive for the attack was purely financial gain. The individuals involved displayed no regard for the vulnerability or dignity of their victims. They violated an elderly woman’s home, where she believed she was safe. It is apparent from their actions they were prepared to use any force necessary to achieve their objective.
“The victims have been extremely traumatised by the incident.
“The length of the sentence reflects the seriousness of this offence.
“Person committing violent robbery offences in will be identified, pursued and imprisoned.”