Hackney robber jailed for attacking elderly woman after storming her Willesden home
The 82-year-old’s cleaner and 22-year-old grandson were also subjected to violence
A violent robber who stormed an elderly woman’s home before attacking her and two other people has been jailed for 12 years.
Lenus Rosil, from Hackney, east London, was part of a trio who targeted the vulnerable 82-year-old in Willesden on September 26 last year.
After the 31-year-old, and two unknown men, forced their way into the victim’s home they pinned her arms behind her back and tied the hands and feet of her 48-year-old cleaner while threatening both women.
As the trio were ransacking the property in search of cash and jewellery the pensioner’s 22-year-old grandson returned home and was violently attacked by the trio as they tried to escape.
You may also want to watch:
He was knocked unconscious and needed hospital treatment for head injuries.
The robbers fled with more than �5,000 worth of goods including items of sentimental value.
- 1 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 2 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 3 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 4 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 5 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 6 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 7 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 8 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 9 Tom Dean wins second Tokyo 2020 gold with 4x200m relay victory
- 10 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
Rosil was arrested in his home town in November and subsequently charged.
He was sentenced yesterday (Monday) after he was found guilty of two robberies and assault at his trial in Harrow Crown Court last month.
Detective Constable Alison Hines from Brent Crime Squad said: “This was a sickening cowardly attack committed against victims that the defendant and his accomplices knew would not fight back.
“The motive for the attack was purely financial gain. The individuals involved displayed no regard for the vulnerability or dignity of their victims. They violated an elderly woman’s home, where she believed she was safe. It is apparent from their actions they were prepared to use any force necessary to achieve their objective.
“The victims have been extremely traumatised by the incident.
“The length of the sentence reflects the seriousness of this offence.
“Person committing violent robbery offences in will be identified, pursued and imprisoned.”