Hackney brothers jailed for carrying out Staples Corner robbery
- Credit: Archant
Two brothers who were part of a violent gang that robbed and stabbed workers in a business unit in Staples Corner have been jailed for 18 years.
Bhagat and Padam Singh, 28 and 24 respectively, from Hackney, took part in the brutal attack where three men aged 30, 31 and 41 were tied up and had hoods taped over their heads at the premises in Adrian Walk.
Two of the victims were also stabbed; one of them was kicked and punched until he lost consciousness when he tried to escape.
The gang stole several items including cash, a CCTV server and a television, which they loaded into a van and drove off.
They also stole a car belonging to one of their victims during the robbery in September 2012.
You may also want to watch:
During their investigations detectives arrested a 46-year-old man who had hired the van used in the robbery.
This led them to the brothers who were subsequently charged with conspiracy to commit robbery.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 5 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 6 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 7 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Stabbed 7-year-old girl meets police officers who saved her life
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
No further action was taken against the man who hired the van.
Last month the brothers, who had denied any wrongdoing, were convicted at Wood Green Court with Bhagat being sentenced to 10 years and Padam to eight.
Detective Constable Chris Wall from Barnet Police said: “This was a well planned and violent attack on three innocent people for no apparent reason. Thankfully, one of the victims has fully recovered from stab wound injuries to his liver. However, another of the victims awaits surgery to repair a severed nerve in his leg and hopefully will regain full use again of his limb.
“The Singh brothers took steps to avoid being captured but eventually it was possible to prove their involvement in this offence. I hope the sentences will give the victims some sense of justice.”
The hunt continues to find their accomplices.