Gunman randomly fires shots in packed children’s playground in Stonebridge
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Youngsters and their parents were forced to flee for their lives
Children and their parents were forced to flee for their lives after a gunman randomly fired shots in a packed playground in Stonebridge.
The hunt is on to find the lone suspect who entered the recreation space in Beames Road and discharged his weapon while youngsters were playing.
According to a witness, who asked not to be named, the man indiscriminately fired shots around the playground.
He added: “He didn’t care who was there. He was behaving like a total mad man.”
You may also want to watch:
Police have confirmed to the Times that they investigating the incident which happened on May 31 at around 6pm.
A spokesman said: “There have been no reports of anyone being injured and no arrests have been made in connection with the shooting.
- 1 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 2 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 3 QPR boss Warburton says they will be prepared for a strong Rotherham side
- 4 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 5 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 6 Pubs in Kensal reopen after Covid lockdown
- 7 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 8 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 9 Shops, hairdressers, pub gardens and gyms reopen today
- 10 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
“This incident is currently being investigated by the Specialist Crime and Operations Directorate and inquiries continue.”
Anyone with information can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.