Gunman randomly fires shots in packed children’s playground in Stonebridge
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Youngsters and their parents were forced to flee for their lives
Children and their parents were forced to flee for their lives after a gunman randomly fired shots in a packed playground in Stonebridge.
The hunt is on to find the lone suspect who entered the recreation space in Beames Road and discharged his weapon while youngsters were playing.
According to a witness, who asked not to be named, the man indiscriminately fired shots around the playground.
He added: “He didn’t care who was there. He was behaving like a total mad man.”
You may also want to watch:
Police have confirmed to the Times that they investigating the incident which happened on May 31 at around 6pm.
A spokesman said: “There have been no reports of anyone being injured and no arrests have been made in connection with the shooting.
- 1 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
- 2 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 3 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 4 QPR have 'great opportunity' to reach last eight of Carabao Cup
- 5 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 6 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 7 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 8 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 9 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 10 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
“This incident is currently being investigated by the Specialist Crime and Operations Directorate and inquiries continue.”
Anyone with information can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.