Gunman holds up payday lenders shop in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
Police have appealed for witnesses after a payday lenders shop in Kilburn was victim to an attempted armed robbery.
Police were called to Speedy Cash in Kilburn High Road on Saturday morning at about 9.15am.
A police spokesman said: “The suspect entered the shop wearing fabric slippers, walked up to the cashier and pulled a firearm out of his bag. He pointed it at the cashiers and demanded money.
“A second suspect walked in to the shop and up to the first suspect before leaving again.
“Both suspects left empty handed and made off along Messina Avenue.”
You may also want to watch:
Bystanders reported seeing armed police swarm the shop. No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information is asked to call 101. Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 2 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 3 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 4 Brent's parks and gardens are big winners of London in Bloom awards
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 QPR boss Warburton 'stunned' by Carabao Cup exit
- 7 Review: Masalchi street food restaurant in Wembley Park
- 8 Brent residents invited to free Question Time event on climate change
- 9 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 10 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million