Gunman holds up payday lenders shop in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
Police have appealed for witnesses after a payday lenders shop in Kilburn was victim to an attempted armed robbery.
Police were called to Speedy Cash in Kilburn High Road on Saturday morning at about 9.15am.
A police spokesman said: “The suspect entered the shop wearing fabric slippers, walked up to the cashier and pulled a firearm out of his bag. He pointed it at the cashiers and demanded money.
“A second suspect walked in to the shop and up to the first suspect before leaving again.
“Both suspects left empty handed and made off along Messina Avenue.”
You may also want to watch:
Bystanders reported seeing armed police swarm the shop. No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information is asked to call 101. Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 2 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 3 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 4 View from the chamber - 'The recycling centre is just inside the new ULEZ boundary'
- 5 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 6 Tom Dean wins second Tokyo 2020 gold with 4x200m relay victory
- 7 Wembley Football League supported by Raheem Sterling sees drama on finals day
- 8 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 9 Kilburn grandmother hears 'terrific bang' as bathroom ceiling collapses
- 10 Wembley Park's Summer on Screen festival kicks off with Gurinder Chadha Q&A