Gunman holds up payday lenders shop in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
Police have appealed for witnesses after a payday lenders shop in Kilburn was victim to an attempted armed robbery.
Police were called to Speedy Cash in Kilburn High Road on Saturday morning at about 9.15am.
A police spokesman said: “The suspect entered the shop wearing fabric slippers, walked up to the cashier and pulled a firearm out of his bag. He pointed it at the cashiers and demanded money.
“A second suspect walked in to the shop and up to the first suspect before leaving again.
“Both suspects left empty handed and made off along Messina Avenue.”
You may also want to watch:
Bystanders reported seeing armed police swarm the shop. No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information is asked to call 101. Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 2 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 3 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 4 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 5 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 6 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 7 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 8 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 9 Neasden foodbank launches £60,000 fundraising appeal
- 10 'His confidence is high': QPR boss Warburton backs Lyndon Dykes