Gunman holds up payday lenders shop in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
Police have appealed for witnesses after a payday lenders shop in Kilburn was victim to an attempted armed robbery.
Police were called to Speedy Cash in Kilburn High Road on Saturday morning at about 9.15am.
A police spokesman said: “The suspect entered the shop wearing fabric slippers, walked up to the cashier and pulled a firearm out of his bag. He pointed it at the cashiers and demanded money.
“A second suspect walked in to the shop and up to the first suspect before leaving again.
“Both suspects left empty handed and made off along Messina Avenue.”
You may also want to watch:
Bystanders reported seeing armed police swarm the shop. No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information is asked to call 101. Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 3 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 4 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 5 Woman killed after collision with alleged drunk driver in Kenton
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 8 Willock earns QPR win in Wales
- 9 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 10 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer