Four men arrested in Queen’s Park after police stop a car and find a gun within the vehicle
- Credit: Archant
Four men have been arrested after a gun was found in a car during a vehicle stop in Queen’s Park.
A car was stopped in Kilburn Lane yesterday (September 10) at 6pm by officers from the Met’s Central West violence suppression unit and armed police.
During the stop, a firearm was located within the vehicle, Scotland Yard said.
Four men - aged 23, 25 and two aged 26 - were arrested on suspicion of firearm offences.
The men were taken into custody at police stations in the central west area and enquiries are ongoing.
Insp Al Connelly from the Met’s Central West command unit said: “Tackling violent crime remains the Met’s top priority.
“Taking firearms like the one found during this stop off the streets, will have potentially saved a life being lost.”
- 1 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 2 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 4 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 5 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 6 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 7 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 8 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 9 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 10 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley