Three men arrested and gun seized after Neasden car stop
- Credit: Met Police
Three men have been arrested and a firearm seized following a car stop in Neasden.
Officers from the Met's Violence Suppression Unit [VSU] came across three men in an unmarked car in Gibbons Road while on patrol on Tuesday (May 11) evening.
On spotting police, the men left the vehicle and attempted to run away.
Following a foot chase the three males, aged 22, 21 and 19 were detained, Scotland Yard said.
A taser was deployed, but not fired.
A dog unit retraced the routes taken by the men and a bag containing a gun was found.
All three suspects were arrested on suspicion of being in possession of a firearm.
- 1 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 2 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 3 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 4 The Wembley flats with camper vans on the roof and furniture wearing boots
- 5 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 6 Met officer found guilty of assault after grabbing victim when off duty
- 7 Fire-ravaged Neasden church hall set to be rebuilt
- 8 Sisters killed in Kingsbury stabbed with 'extreme force'
- 9 Kensal Rise group 'biggest team' taking on Blenheim Palace Triathlon 2021
- 10 Mass vaccination event taking place at Bridge Park Community Centre
They were taken to north London police stations where they remain at this time.
Det Insp Simon Filer of the North West VSU said: “These arrests clearly highlight that we will make use of every resource available to us in order to remove weapons from criminals’ hands.
“Firearms have no place among the communities of London and I am pleased to see another potentially lethal weapon taken off our streets.”
Anyone with information about those who carry weapons or who commit violent crime should contact police on 101 or Tweet @MetCC.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111