Gun shot at wall during 'terrifying' burglary in Wembley
- Credit: Met
A resident was hit over the head with a gun which was then fired against a wall during a "terrifying" burglary in Wembley.
Police were called to The Drive at 1.25am yesterday morning (February 25) to reports of a burglary at a residential property.
Scotland Yard said three men entered the home before demanding money, threatening the four occupants within.
One victim was hit over the head with a gun.
The burglars realised there was no money to be taken and fired a shot towards a nearby wall as they were leaving.
You may also want to watch:
No serious injuries were reported.
The Met's Trident officers are investigating and are appealing for information from anybody who saw suspicious activity in the area at the time.
- 1 Police appeal to find missing 12-year-old boy
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 4 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 5 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 6 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 7 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 8 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
Det Con Steven Renny said: "This was a terrifying experience for those inside the property and it was fortunate that nobody was seriously injured."
He is appealing for anyone in the area at the time, perhaps with dashcam or doorbell footage, to come forward.
People with information can tweet @MetCC or call 101, quoting CAD 387/25Feb.
To remain anonymous, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.