Gun shot at wall during 'terrifying' burglary in Wembley
- Credit: Met
A resident was hit over the head with a gun which was then fired against a wall during a "terrifying" burglary in Wembley.
Police were called to The Drive at 1.25am yesterday morning (February 25) to reports of a burglary at a residential property.
Scotland Yard said three men entered the home before demanding money, threatening the four occupants within.
One victim was hit over the head with a gun.
The burglars realised there was no money to be taken and fired a shot towards a nearby wall as they were leaving.
You may also want to watch:
No serious injuries were reported.
The Met's Trident officers are investigating and are appealing for information from anybody who saw suspicious activity in the area at the time.
- 1 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 2 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 3 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 6 Brent's parks and gardens are big winners of London in Bloom awards
- 7 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 8 QPR boss Warburton 'stunned' by Carabao Cup exit
- 9 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 10 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
Det Con Steven Renny said: "This was a terrifying experience for those inside the property and it was fortunate that nobody was seriously injured."
He is appealing for anyone in the area at the time, perhaps with dashcam or doorbell footage, to come forward.
People with information can tweet @MetCC or call 101, quoting CAD 387/25Feb.
To remain anonymous, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.