Gun shot at wall during 'terrifying' burglary in Wembley
- Credit: Met
A resident was hit over the head with a gun which was then fired against a wall during a "terrifying" burglary in Wembley.
Police were called to The Drive at 1.25am yesterday morning (February 25) to reports of a burglary at a residential property.
Scotland Yard said three men entered the home before demanding money, threatening the four occupants within.
One victim was hit over the head with a gun.
The burglars realised there was no money to be taken and fired a shot towards a nearby wall as they were leaving.
No serious injuries were reported.
The Met's Trident officers are investigating and are appealing for information from anybody who saw suspicious activity in the area at the time.
- 1 Man arrested after woman's rape allegation in Neasden
- 2 Neasden pub refused late licence amid fears around crime
- 3 Rogue Wembley HGV trainer sentenced after selling non-existent training
- 4 Hundreds of young musicians to gather in Wembley for concert
- 5 School turns itself around after 'sexual bullying' reports
- 6 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 7 Hospital's new research centre officially opened by vaccine taskforce lead
- 8 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 9 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 10 Plan for creating 25,500 homes around 'HS2 Superhub' passed
Det Con Steven Renny said: "This was a terrifying experience for those inside the property and it was fortunate that nobody was seriously injured."
He is appealing for anyone in the area at the time, perhaps with dashcam or doorbell footage, to come forward.
People with information can tweet @MetCC or call 101, quoting CAD 387/25Feb.
To remain anonymous, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.