Guilty: Three teens who murdered church minister’s son in unprovoked attack in Harlesden

Left to right: Daud, Ennis and Koshin

Left to right: Daud, Ennis and Koshin - Credit: Archant

Three teenagers have been found guilty of murdering a church minister’s son from Willesden in an unprovoked attack in Harlesden.

Victim: David Headlam

Victim: David Headlam - Credit: Archant

David Headlam, 18, of Donnington Road, was chased and stabbed to death in Drayton Road, in the early hours on June 29 last year.

Witnessed heard the son of Pentecostal church minister Bishop Alonzo Headlam beg for his life during the brutal attack.

Today Idris Daud, 19, of Anton Place, Wembley, Ayman Koshin, 18, of Summers Close, Wembley, and 19-year-old T-Shai Ennis, 19, who formerly lived in Wembley and now lives in Langley, were convicted of the callous murder.

The trio also knifed a 19-year-old friend of Mr Headlam who was with him at the time.

He survived his injures and all three were found guilty of grievous bodily harm with intent in relation to him.

The Old Bailey heard on the day of the murder, Daud uploaded a rap video on YouTube which featured him and Ennis.

Most Read

Part of the video showed Ennis bragging about stabbing someone.

Hours later they used a minicab to travel from Wembley to Harlesden where they targeted Mr Headlam and his friend as the pair walked into Park Parade.

Both victims ran away but the killers caught up with Mr Headlam and stabbed him several times in his thigh severing his femoral artery.

A resident on the street heard Mr Headlam shouting: “Don’t stab me, don’t kill me” before he was fatally attacked.

Detectives investigating the murder tracked down the mini cab and discovered it had been ordered by a mobile number belonging to Koshin.

All three were identified at the scene by extensive mobile phone and CCTV footage and were subsequently arrested in July and charged.

Daud was on a tag for a previous offence at the time of the murder.

Detective Inspector Sarah McConnell said: “This was an unprovoked attack against two friends who were making their way home after meeting friends. The defendants launched a violent assault, chasing David for some distance before delivering the fatal injuries.

“Residents came to David’s aid and remained with him until he was attended to by emergency services. I would like to thank those who assisted, and the witnesses who subsequently came forward to help the police investigation.

“Our thoughts are with David’s family and I only hope that the convictions of those responsible will offer some small comfort to them at this extremely difficult time.”

All three will be sentenced at a date yet to be confirmed.