Group of males seen loitering around Asda Colindale minutes before violent Grand Theft Auto V robbery
- Credit: Archant
A group of six males were seen loitering near an Asda supermarket in Colindale shortly before a man was violently robbed of a copy of Grand Theft Auto V on Tuesday morning.
The 23-year-old victim was hit with a brick and stabbed by robbers who stole the sought-after game in Princes Avenue at the junction with Stag Lane, Kingsbury, at 1.20am minutes after he left the store.
The victim, who is in a stable condition in hospital, had queued in the store to buy a copy following its official release at midnight.
His attackers also stole his mobile phone and watch.
Officers investigating the robbery arrested two boys age 15 and 16 and an 18-year-old man.
You may also want to watch:
All have been bailed to return to a police station next month.
Detectives are appealing for anyone who saw the group, two of whom were on bicycles, to come forward.
- 1 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 2 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 3 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 4 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 5 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 6 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 7 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 8 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 9 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 10 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call police Brent Priority Crime Unit via 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.