Grieving mother writes open letter to the uncaptured killer of her Kilburn son
Daniel Ross was shot dead in King’s Cross six years ago
The mother of a man gunned down on a packed dance floor six years ago has written an open letter to the killer who continues to be shielded by a wall of silence.
Jean Ross’s 22-year-old son Daniel, a father-of-two from Kilburn, was shot in the head in Scala nightclub in King’s Cross on September 24, 2006.
His cold-blooded killer swaggered on to the dance floor, pulled the trigger before evading capture by mingling with the fleeing clubbers.
Despite being murdered in front of hundreds of people the gunman is still walking the streets leaving Mrs Ross, her family and friends with no closure.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from Operation Trident, the Met’s team that investigates gun crime, have offered a �20,000 reward for the capture of his killers and made a television appeal on the BBC’s Crimewatch programme to no avail.
In June an appeal was published in Inside Time, a national newspaper for prisoners, but detectives are still no closer to find Mr Ross’s killer.
- 1 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 2 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 3 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 4 Habitual Harlesden car thief jailed for six months after stealing 11 vehicles
- 5 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 6 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 7 QPR will look to wrap up the season strongly at home to Luton Town
- 8 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 9 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
- 10 Wembley teenager charged with murdering Ahmed Baker
In the letter which Mrs Ross asked the Times to publish she said: “The story of my son’s death has been told over and over during the past six years.
“Our family has seen bits of evidence unfold before our eyes but powerless to piece together enough to get you convicted - this is because you are a coward using the shelter of a wall of silence like a mask.
“You believe time is on your side, but one day your name will be revealed because God does not sleep.
“We hope Daniel’s face haunts your dreams. We hope you can still see his face during the day. We hope you’ve told someone and, yes, we know other people know what you’ve done.
“We have nothing but contempt for you and the people who are shielding you.
“Time is a master and one day it will be your disaster.
“You have watched on TV and read in the newspapers about our anguish but you do nothing.
“You evil coward! Hell on earth is too good for you, but this will be your fate unless you repent and reveal the truth.”
Mrs Ross’s anguish is worsened by the fact that her son’s friend’s fled the scene leaving him to die in the arms of a stranger.
She said: “A stranger stepped forward to help my son because his friends were the first to run. I am so grateful to that person as it meant the world to me to know he was not alone.
“Someone knows who killed Daniel. It’s time to break the silence – by shielding his killer they are condoning his actions.’”
Anyone with information should call 020 8733 4704 or 4648 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.