Girl, 16, accused of hiding gun used to kill Romario Green in Sudbury
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old girl has appeared in court today accused of hiding a shotgun used in a drive-by murder in Sudbury.
Romario Green, 20, was blasted in the chest in Harrow Road, following a row with some men in a Ford Focus in the early hours of July 2, 2015.
The girl, who cannot be named for legal reasons, appeared at Hammersmith Youth Court charged with possessing a firearm and perverting the course of justice.
Robert Simpson, prosecuting, said: “The gun in question, which was one with a shortened barrel, was used in a murder.
“Bearing in mind the nature and seriousness of the offences, I would suggest it is in the interests of justice that the case is sent to the crown court.”
You may also want to watch:
One of the men inside the Ford, Denny Da Silva, 24, from Luton, was earlier convicted of murder and jailed for life with a minimum of 27 years before parole.
Renardo Johnson, 25, of Chaplin Road, Wembley, admitted trying to get rid of a shotgun and a car used in the shooting was jailed for 10 years in November.
- 1 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
- 2 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 3 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 4 QPR have 'great opportunity' to reach last eight of Carabao Cup
- 5 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 6 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 7 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 8 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 9 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 10 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
The 16-year-old girl was granted unconditional bail ahead of a plea and trial preparation hearing at the Old Bailey on January 19.