Girl, 16, accused of hiding gun used to kill Romario Green in Sudbury
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old girl has appeared in court today accused of hiding a shotgun used in a drive-by murder in Sudbury.
Romario Green, 20, was blasted in the chest in Harrow Road, following a row with some men in a Ford Focus in the early hours of July 2, 2015.
The girl, who cannot be named for legal reasons, appeared at Hammersmith Youth Court charged with possessing a firearm and perverting the course of justice.
Robert Simpson, prosecuting, said: “The gun in question, which was one with a shortened barrel, was used in a murder.
“Bearing in mind the nature and seriousness of the offences, I would suggest it is in the interests of justice that the case is sent to the crown court.”
You may also want to watch:
One of the men inside the Ford, Denny Da Silva, 24, from Luton, was earlier convicted of murder and jailed for life with a minimum of 27 years before parole.
Renardo Johnson, 25, of Chaplin Road, Wembley, admitted trying to get rid of a shotgun and a car used in the shooting was jailed for 10 years in November.
- 1 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 2 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 3 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 Lessons from the Covid pandemic: we need a revolution!
- 6 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 7 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 8 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 9 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
- 10 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding
The 16-year-old girl was granted unconditional bail ahead of a plea and trial preparation hearing at the Old Bailey on January 19.