Girl, 12, arrested after teenager and woman, 54, assaulted in Harlesden park fight
- Credit: PA WIRE
A girl aged 12 has been arrested after a teenager was attacked and a woman who tried to intervene assaulted and racially abused during a fight at a park in Harlesden.
The youngster was held on suspicion of common assault, racially aggravated common assault and resisting arrest following the clash outside Roundwood Park in Harlesden Road, on Friday.
Police were called the scene where they found around 150 youths gathered at the fight at 4.20pm.
A 13-year-old schoolgirl suffered facial injuries during the fight after she was pushed to the ground and kicked and a 54-year-old female passerby was racially abused and sustained cuts to her hand after she was shoved when she tried to intervene.
The younger victim was treated by paramedics at her home.
You may also want to watch:
Officers also arrested a 16-year-old girl on suspicion of common assault and racially aggravated common assault.
Both girls were later released with no further action in connection with the assault but the 12-year-old has been bailed to return to a police station for allegedly resisting arrest.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 5 Mark Warburton insists QPR on right track despite Bristol City defeat
- 6 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 7 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 8 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 9 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 10 Wealdstone settle for a draw against Aldershot Town