Girl, 12, arrested after teenager and woman, 54, assaulted in Harlesden park fight
- Credit: PA WIRE
A girl aged 12 has been arrested after a teenager was attacked and a woman who tried to intervene assaulted and racially abused during a fight at a park in Harlesden.
The youngster was held on suspicion of common assault, racially aggravated common assault and resisting arrest following the clash outside Roundwood Park in Harlesden Road, on Friday.
Police were called the scene where they found around 150 youths gathered at the fight at 4.20pm.
A 13-year-old schoolgirl suffered facial injuries during the fight after she was pushed to the ground and kicked and a 54-year-old female passerby was racially abused and sustained cuts to her hand after she was shoved when she tried to intervene.
The younger victim was treated by paramedics at her home.
Officers also arrested a 16-year-old girl on suspicion of common assault and racially aggravated common assault.
Both girls were later released with no further action in connection with the assault but the 12-year-old has been bailed to return to a police station for allegedly resisting arrest.
- 1 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 2 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 3 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 4 Adomah's late goal wins it for QPR at Coventry
- 5 Below-par QPR found a way to win at Coventry says Warburton
- 6 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 7 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 8 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 9 Sudbury: Plan for 52 one-bed flats falls through after appeal
- 10 Brent Mosque vaccinates 10,000th person