Girl, 12, arrested after teenager and woman, 54, assaulted in Harlesden park fight
- Credit: PA WIRE
A girl aged 12 has been arrested after a teenager was attacked and a woman who tried to intervene assaulted and racially abused during a fight at a park in Harlesden.
The youngster was held on suspicion of common assault, racially aggravated common assault and resisting arrest following the clash outside Roundwood Park in Harlesden Road, on Friday.
Police were called the scene where they found around 150 youths gathered at the fight at 4.20pm.
A 13-year-old schoolgirl suffered facial injuries during the fight after she was pushed to the ground and kicked and a 54-year-old female passerby was racially abused and sustained cuts to her hand after she was shoved when she tried to intervene.
The younger victim was treated by paramedics at her home.
You may also want to watch:
Officers also arrested a 16-year-old girl on suspicion of common assault and racially aggravated common assault.
Both girls were later released with no further action in connection with the assault but the 12-year-old has been bailed to return to a police station for allegedly resisting arrest.
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 3 Woman killed after collision with alleged drunk driver in Kenton
- 4 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 5 QPR eager to start climbing the table when they face Derby
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 8 Warburton praises QPR character in win at Cardiff
- 9 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 10 Willock earns QPR win in Wales