Girl, 12, arrested after teenager and woman, 54, assaulted in Harlesden park fight
- Credit: PA WIRE
A girl aged 12 has been arrested after a teenager was attacked and a woman who tried to intervene assaulted and racially abused during a fight at a park in Harlesden.
The youngster was held on suspicion of common assault, racially aggravated common assault and resisting arrest following the clash outside Roundwood Park in Harlesden Road, on Friday.
Police were called the scene where they found around 150 youths gathered at the fight at 4.20pm.
A 13-year-old schoolgirl suffered facial injuries during the fight after she was pushed to the ground and kicked and a 54-year-old female passerby was racially abused and sustained cuts to her hand after she was shoved when she tried to intervene.
The younger victim was treated by paramedics at her home.
You may also want to watch:
Officers also arrested a 16-year-old girl on suspicion of common assault and racially aggravated common assault.
Both girls were later released with no further action in connection with the assault but the 12-year-old has been bailed to return to a police station for allegedly resisting arrest.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 3 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 4 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 5 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 6 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 7 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 8 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 9 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 10 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens