Girl, 11, shot in double shooting in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
Schoolchild hit in the foot and 48-year-old woman shot in chest and leg
An 11-year-old girl has been injured in a double shooting in Kilburn last night (Sunday).
The schoolchild was hit in the foot after a gunman opened fire outside an address in St Cuthbert’s Road, at around 9.40pm.
A 48-year-old woman was also shot in the chest and leg.
Both were taken to a hospital where their condition is not believed to be life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Two residents told the Times they heard five or six shots followed by screaming and shouting.
Officers from Operation Trident, the Met’s specialist team that probes gun crime in London, are investigating the shooting.
- 1 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 2 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 3 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 6 Brent's parks and gardens are big winners of London in Bloom awards
- 7 QPR boss Warburton 'stunned' by Carabao Cup exit
- 8 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 9 Brent residents invited to free Question Time event on climate change
- 10 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 11.