Gang jailed for running brothels in Colindale and Park Royal
- Credit: Archant
A gang who trafficked women from Romania to work in brothels in Colindale and Park Royal have been jailed.
One of the men, Georgian Marinescu, of Heath Parade, Colindale, collected money from the women and arranged flights. He was jailed for nine years on Friday after being convicted of conspiracy to traffic persons into the UK for sexual exploitation.
More than £500,000 in transfers were made and the group was busted after raids in September.
Marinescu, Georgiana Marcovici and Mihai Marin of Watford and Stefanita Miron of Friern Barnet helped run eight brothels across north and north west London.
All four defendants were also found guilty of conspiracy to control prostitution for gain and conspiracy to transfer criminal property.
You may also want to watch:
Twelve women gave evidence in court and were praised by police for their bravery in helping get the gang convicted.
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 3 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 4 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 5 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 6 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 7 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 8 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 9 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 10 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies