Gang jailed for running brothels in Colindale and Park Royal
- Credit: Archant
A gang who trafficked women from Romania to work in brothels in Colindale and Park Royal have been jailed.
One of the men, Georgian Marinescu, of Heath Parade, Colindale, collected money from the women and arranged flights. He was jailed for nine years on Friday after being convicted of conspiracy to traffic persons into the UK for sexual exploitation.
More than £500,000 in transfers were made and the group was busted after raids in September.
Marinescu, Georgiana Marcovici and Mihai Marin of Watford and Stefanita Miron of Friern Barnet helped run eight brothels across north and north west London.
All four defendants were also found guilty of conspiracy to control prostitution for gain and conspiracy to transfer criminal property.
You may also want to watch:
Twelve women gave evidence in court and were praised by police for their bravery in helping get the gang convicted.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 4 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 9 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man