Gang jailed for running brothels in Colindale and Park Royal
- Credit: Archant
A gang who trafficked women from Romania to work in brothels in Colindale and Park Royal have been jailed.
One of the men, Georgian Marinescu, of Heath Parade, Colindale, collected money from the women and arranged flights. He was jailed for nine years on Friday after being convicted of conspiracy to traffic persons into the UK for sexual exploitation.
More than £500,000 in transfers were made and the group was busted after raids in September.
Marinescu, Georgiana Marcovici and Mihai Marin of Watford and Stefanita Miron of Friern Barnet helped run eight brothels across north and north west London.
All four defendants were also found guilty of conspiracy to control prostitution for gain and conspiracy to transfer criminal property.
You may also want to watch:
Twelve women gave evidence in court and were praised by police for their bravery in helping get the gang convicted.
- 1 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 2 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 3 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 4 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 7 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 8 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 9 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 10 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners