Gang jailed for running brothels in Colindale and Park Royal
- Credit: Archant
A gang who trafficked women from Romania to work in brothels in Colindale and Park Royal have been jailed.
One of the men, Georgian Marinescu, of Heath Parade, Colindale, collected money from the women and arranged flights. He was jailed for nine years on Friday after being convicted of conspiracy to traffic persons into the UK for sexual exploitation.
More than £500,000 in transfers were made and the group was busted after raids in September.
Marinescu, Georgiana Marcovici and Mihai Marin of Watford and Stefanita Miron of Friern Barnet helped run eight brothels across north and north west London.
All four defendants were also found guilty of conspiracy to control prostitution for gain and conspiracy to transfer criminal property.
You may also want to watch:
Twelve women gave evidence in court and were praised by police for their bravery in helping get the gang convicted.
- 1 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 2 Person dies after being 'injured by a train' at Wembley station
- 3 Police 'determined' to find Wembley man who failed to appear at court
- 4 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 5 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 6 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 7 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 10 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named