Friend pays tribute to Harlesden suitcase murder victim
- Credit: Archant
A friend of a woman from Harlesden whose body was found in a suitcase dumped in a canal has spoken of her shock.
Polish national Marta Ligman, of Buckingham Road, was discovered in the Grand Union Canal in Little Venice, on Sunday afternoon.
Anna Modrzejewska lived next to the 23-year-old and her boyfriend Thomasz Kocik for eight months before moving out three months ago.
She said: “I lived in the flat downstairs and we were really good friends, me, Marta and Thomasz.
“When I heard the news I had to call my friends and ask if it was true.
You may also want to watch:
“I knew them really well and I’m shocked.”
Speaking about the last time she saw Ms Ligman, she added: “I went back to collect my post last month and she was quiet but very happy.”
- 1 Kingsbury mandir to be 'Europe's first' vaccine centre in Hindu temple
- 2 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 3 Gang member jailed for 18 years after hiding guns and drugs in Cricklewood
- 4 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 5 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 6 Maida Vale woman launches petition after kitten bought online dies
- 7 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre
- 8 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 9 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai
- 10 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
Ms Ligman, a cashier at Delicja delicatessen near her home, arrived in the UK from Poland three years ago.
Her family are expected to travel to the UK in the next few days.
Thomasz Kocik is due at the Old Bailey today charged with Ms Ligman’s murder.
Two other men aged 30 and 34 who were arrested have been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.