Friend pays tribute to Harlesden suitcase murder victim
- Credit: Archant
A friend of a woman from Harlesden whose body was found in a suitcase dumped in a canal has spoken of her shock.
Polish national Marta Ligman, of Buckingham Road, was discovered in the Grand Union Canal in Little Venice, on Sunday afternoon.
Anna Modrzejewska lived next to the 23-year-old and her boyfriend Thomasz Kocik for eight months before moving out three months ago.
She said: “I lived in the flat downstairs and we were really good friends, me, Marta and Thomasz.
“When I heard the news I had to call my friends and ask if it was true.
You may also want to watch:
“I knew them really well and I’m shocked.”
Speaking about the last time she saw Ms Ligman, she added: “I went back to collect my post last month and she was quiet but very happy.”
- 1 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 2 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 3 Police 'determined' to find Wembley man who failed to appear at court
- 4 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 5 Mother of newborn baby found in Willesden canal urged to seek medical help
- 6 Three men charged after police officer injured in traffic stop
- 7 Body of newborn baby found in Grand Union Canal in Willesden
- 8 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 9 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 10 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
Ms Ligman, a cashier at Delicja delicatessen near her home, arrived in the UK from Poland three years ago.
Her family are expected to travel to the UK in the next few days.
Thomasz Kocik is due at the Old Bailey today charged with Ms Ligman’s murder.
Two other men aged 30 and 34 who were arrested have been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.